A soft smile eases its way onto my face as I think about how she, indeed, is very special. I down the rest of my whiskey and check my watch. "I got to get going but I'll see you around Mason."

He smiles widely at me. "Aight, see you around."

I turn around in an attempt to leave when I almost stumble into someone. When I see the face of this certain someone, I scowl.

"What?" I snap harshly, in no mood to play with Ryan today.

"Look who we have here." He smiles maliciously. "Cameron Dawson- no longer the champion."

I roll my eyes. If he's come here to rub it in my face and call me out, I'm not interested. I got bigger, more serious, shit to deal with then his attempt to boost his ego.

"Fuck off Maxwell. I'm not in the mood." I scorn, moving to leave when he puts his hand against my chest. I look down at it, pushing his arm off. His eyes take on a deadly glint and I know this is going to be another fight. "Back off Ryan."

He raises a brow. "Why should I? You're no longer above me Cameron. You're not the champ anymore."

I scoff, Mason standing up beside me to ensure no fists are thrown. "At least I got the title for a while, what have you gotten?"

Ryan growls.

"Y'all need to chill before Emery flips his shit," Mason warns us but Ryan ignores him, stepping towards me. I clench my fists.

"Ey!" Carlos calls us both out. "I don't want no fighting in this bar."

"It isn't a fight if only one person has a shot at winning." Ryan says before I feel his hand smack against my jaw. I stumble backwards, having not expected that. I rub at my jaw, looking up to a smirking Ryan before I chuckle.

"You son of a bit-" I don't finish my sentence when I punch him square in the stomach. He gasps for air and Mason steps between us, pushing me back while I try and lay into Ryan. The guy is a fucking asshole. My nostrils flare in anger and Mason smacks me out of it.

"Get your shit together."

I blink away my anger, shrugging off his hands before scowling at Ryan. I push my way outside, my jaw throbbing all the way and I climb into my car before driving off. My anger is still high but I try to keep it in check. Violence runs in my blood which is exactly why I need to learn to control my anger so that I don't do something I shouldn't. 

When I arrive outside of my apartment building, I check my jaw in the mirror to see a blue bruise forming on it. I curse under my breath and climb out, walking into my apartment. I close the door behind me and when I turn around, I connect eyes with Harley who is sat on the couch. Her eyebrows draw together when she sees me and she's approaching me in seconds.

Her eyes widen in worry when she takes note of my bruise. I'm about to say something when she touches it softly and pushes my head to the side to see it better. "What the hell happened?"

I sigh, pushing her hand away. "I just got into a fight with Ryan. I'm fine though."

She kisses her teeth. "I really don't like that guy."

"Neither do I."

She shakes her head. "Go sit on the couch, I'll get ice."

"You don't have to do that. I'm fine." I tell her and she rolls her eyes, walking to my freezer anyway. I sigh at her stubbornness and go to my couch before taking a seat. She comes to me and stands in front of me, holding up ice wrapped in a cloth to my jaw.

I hiss at the sudden contact and she mutters an apology. I take the time to observe her appearance and notice her wavy hair falling down her back naturally while she wears a pair of jeans that make her legs look glorious as well as one of my hoodies that covers her tiny body. I take note of the concerned look on her face and feel my heart ache for the girl in front of me.