TWENTY-EIGHT

Harley Anderson

To say I was confused, excited, worried, and scared shitless, would be an understatement. I was bundle of emotions I had no idea how to control. I didn't know where Cameron and I would go from here- friends don't make out but that's exactly what we are. Friends.

My mind has being swirling with questions since last night. Like why Cameron said he couldn't kiss me even though he wanted to, why he wanted to in the first place and most importantly- what happened here on out. Was the kiss just an in-the-moment kind of thing or did he reciprocate feelings towards me? My mind is buzzing with questions and I find myself grow uneasy. Sure I loved kissing him- it was incredible and I want to do it again- but I don't know if I'm even ready to get involved with a guy.

Having a relationship requires honesty and I don't think I'm ready to share my past. How can I date someone who doesn't even know what I've gone through? That's hardly a decent relationship. Besides, I don't know if Cameron is even dwelling on our little make-out session. For all I know, his mind is focused on anything else but what happened last night.

"Harley? Are you alright?" Audrey asks me from where she's sat on the couch. I'm woken from my reverie of thoughts and I glance at her, nodding my head dumbly.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good." I smile, my mind still in a haze.

Her eyes don't leave my face and she takes on a worried expression. "You're unusually quiet." She remarks and I shrug, scratching my neck.

"I just have a lot going on in my mind."

She nods in understanding. "Well in that case, when you get back from racing with Cameron, lets head to the mall and go do some shopping." She suggests and I find myself smiling.

"That would be great," I respond and she grins at me before returning her attention back to Gilmore Girls playing on the TV. However, my thoughts stray back to Cameron and I find myself frowning.

What am I going to say when I see him?

Gosh, I am so inexperienced. I probably kissed him like a dead fish.

I cringe to myself. That sounds awful.

When I hear a knock on the door, I jump slightly and Audrey casts me a curious look before I stand up and grab my bag, feeling my hands grow clammy. When I pull the door open, Cameron looks up at me in all his glory. Standing in a crisp white shirt, dark wash jeans, his usual leather jacket and boots, with his hair styled messily on top of his head, I can't help but swallow thickly.

His hands rest in the pockets of his jeans and I give him a smile. When he returns the gesture, my previous worries slowly melt away at his usual behavior.

"Don't bring her back too late!" Audrey calls from behind me, making Cameron and I glance in her direction. "We're going shopping."

Cameron lets out a breath of a laugh. "Alright."

"Bye!" Audrey shouts and I wave at her before closing the door behind me. I follow Cameron down the hallway and into the elevator- the same one that we made out in last night- and I feel a blush creep up my neck.

"Do you have a race tonight?" I ask in an attempt to ease the unspoken topic in the room, and he shakes his head.

"Not tonight. But I'm going to be there anyway."

I nod, the both of us lapsing into silence. The drive is silent too, but it definitely isn't awkward. Most of the time, our drive is silent and I usually find it comforting and relaxing. Just being in Cameron's presence is enough for me and most times than not, I'm so engrossed in my own thoughts that I don't even notice how silent we both are until he stops the car and we switch seats. However, today is somewhat different because I have so many things I want to say, ask, but they don't seem to make it passed my throat. They simply stick to my tongue and stay there, making me kiss my teeth.