•Chapter 23•

Prepare for a 2,500+ word long chapter. 

We have to talk after this.

[Several Days Later]

"And to wrap things all up," Therese closed the monitor to the projector and faced the table. "We only need to agree on a date for the audition."

Everybody: staff, producers and director, turned to each other and shrugged. There was a small moment for everyone to think before one of the staff piped, "I suggest narrowing the date towards the end of the school year. This way, the young actors' schedule would be more free if we need it to be. We can't decide upon it now, but we'll see to it and inform you immediately, Madame Wincott."

Therese gave them a warm smile. "Perfect." Folders and headshots were swept from the table and everyone began to leave.

"So, I'm guessing things went smoothly?" Betty Mae announced her presence by the doorway of the meeting room, a little too giddy than her normal self. They both walked out of the room and closed the door behind them. Therese grinned. "Mmhmm, it surprisingly did."

"Okay, seriously," Betty Mae couldn't contain it, "how come you've become more... chill about this audition-project than you were before? Did something hit you or something?"

Therese shot her a deadpanned stare. "If you're referring to that time I was -crap, I hate thinking about that day- ugly crying on the bathroom floor because after so many years Alan just appeared; I'm not answering you." The two women chuckled to themselves.

It was such a beautiful day outside as they began walking past the large windows of the hallway, the view of the city sprawled before them not too far. It specifically caught Therese's attention, who had stopped mid-walk.

Betty Mae only realized her companion just stopped like five seconds ago, turning around to find nobody there. "And obviously: he's not taken yet an- Where did you-...? Hey, 'you okay?"

An idea popped into Therese's head. "How about we take the orphans out to the park today? I feel like I need to relax after that meeting." She turned to her assistant, slightly annoyed to be met with a 'I-know-something-you-don't' smirk and a wink. "I'll call the kids. Are you planning to bring anybody else?"

[]•[]•[]

"Auntie-mommy, are we going to get ice cream tooooooo?" Princess squealed as she tugged on Therese's shirt like her life depended on it. She looked down at her and smiled, "Yes, darling, plenty of ice cream for everybody."

"Not for Juliana, though, she's lactose intolerant-" Emerson's voice shouted all the way from the back, followed by a slap. "That's because I am, you nitwit!" Therese had to turn her head around and furrowed her brows. There was a collective sigh between the group as Emerson shot his hand in the air. "Whoo! I'm gonna grab the swear jar the moment we get back!" 

[]•[]•[]

"So, why did you bring us to the park, Therese?" Betty Mae asked as she pointed the direction to the ice cream truck when the children wouldn't stop asking. They speed towards the truck with a battlecry, scaring the soul out of the poor ice cream guy. Therese chuckled at the orphans, can't helping it but smile proudly.

"I just felt like it was a good day to relax, y'know? I've been busy because of the auditions event and I want to get someone out of my head." she replied distractingly. Her mind seemed to be elsewhere, peaking the interest of Betty Mae.