•Chapter 4•

"So... since your sorry, now what?"

Alan stared at her for a few minutes. "Honestly, I don't know."

"Wait, does your mum- sorry, I mean Aunt Margaret know you're here?" Therese asked curiously. He nodded his head slightly. "Yeah. But I think she already locked our door. She wouldn't expect me until a couple of hours. You don't mind me staying here... would you? I already told Uncle Jamie..." His voice trailed off awkwardly. "So you're sleeping here?" the girl asked happily as her eyes lit up.

"If you're tired, then I think I should go." His eyes looked away but she placed both of her hands on his shoulders and made him face her. "I'm not tired, silly," she slapped his cheek gently, "I just wanted to know. It's still your birt- Oh look, it's 11:57." They rolled their eyes simultaneously. "Well now what?"

Silence...

"So, um, what's your favourite song again?" (Comment what's yours 💙)

• • •

"Alan? You awake?" Therese whispered as she snapped back to Earth from being lost in thought for a few minutes. She turned to him, and found him leaning his head on her shoulder.

It was 5 in the morning already, and the two were endlessly chatting hours before. He must've started dozing off an hour ago. "Alan?" She nudged his shoulder. 'He's snoozing! On MY shoulder! That little koala!'

She couldn't help but giggle at the sight. They both sat at the edge of her old queen bed with light blue blankets, and the room a little of a mess after hurrying around the day before. The window and closet door was slightly open. The lights were off. Everything was silent and peaceful in their positions except Therese who was starting to feel wide awake.

But still, Alan was literally sleeping with her wide awake and 0% chance of moving (since she honestly did not want to wake him up from his sleep). 'Did the party tire him that much?'

"Aww..."

Therese stilled as she felt Alan cringe at what she said. "Don't you dare 'aww' me, Wincott." he muttered. She was sure he wasn't sleep talking...

The sun wasn't up yet, and the sky was still dark outside. Talking each other off, topic to topic, place to place, joke to joke, they both felt tired. And it looked like Alan surrendered to sleepiness. Therese wanted to admit to herself she wasn't comfortable, but not because of Alan but because her mind thought that maybe she was just too close.

But... she didn't mind any of this. For years after she met him, her attachment towards him was incredible. Uncle Jamie always teased her about Therese having a crush on him. That... that wasn't true! Was it? Maybe. A little bit. Okay maybe a lot! So what if Therese Wincott had a crush on Alan Rickman? He would find her weird, and then? Friendship cruise going down like the Titanic. Sunk. Alan would be uncomfortable since she has a crush on him, try to move away from her to avoid crushing her soul since he doesn't like her back, and then there it goes. Chance blown. She can't... well, at least know that she has some feelings for him!

It was just... something about him I guess. He was handsome, charming, playful, and whatever the typical girl would like, yes, but she knew more than that. Alan would always make her feel alright, though it may be a habit of his, then he was quite quirky and smart in their fights not like some idiot who says 'I don't wanna talk' since he doesn't know how to explain and walk away. No. Alan usually fights back, then ends up making up with her. Did she ever mentioned they fought off bullies for each other? And what about that he trusts her more than his siblings?