• Chapter 11 •

(] TIME SKIP [)

"This... This isn't you, Alan. You're not going to say goodbye to Therese? Have you been hit in the head or something?" asked Sheila as Alan placed another suitcase at the trunk of the second taxi. 

The cast was going to be leaving today and visit the first theater they'll be playing in. He had no choice but to leave the same date as everybody else. Mrs. Rickman had to also leave for a while before another guardian will accompany Alan to the rest of the theaters. But the thing was, it was Uncle Jamie who would be taking care of his siblings while him and his mother were away.

"I... She knows I'm leaving, don't worry about it, Sheila. Now go inside, it's raining cats and dogs. You'll catch a cold in this weather." Alan reassured her but his lie was not convincing. Eyebrows: furrowed, body: stiff, and expression: angry, he was definitely angry.

"No, she doesn't know you're leaving. She finally admitted to me that you haven't talked to her in weeks! What kind of best friend are you?!" His head turned around to her and he shouted: "I don't want to talk about it, alright! Go back to the house! Therese and I are not your business!" 

The young girl was shocked to hear the sudden outburst from her brother. Though she was fierce, now, her lip was quivering and she seemed to be holding back tears. "But she's still my friend!" she shouted back before running to the house, where Michael was standing and ready to bring his sister inside. But before he did, he looked at Alan disappointingly then shook his head.

"Alan, are you ready to go, love?" said Mrs. Rickman as she checked all of their stuff and confirmed everything was in its place. "Yeah, mum. Are we leaving now?" 

"Yes, but I just need to use the loo for a minute before the trip, oh and do me a favour by getting in the cab. It's raining too hard." she told him. He nodded obediently.

His  traveling clothes were nearly wet and so he wore a thicker green coat that almost made him invisible in this weather. 

Coincidentally, it was the time Therese was also heading back home to her house. The other way to her and Uncle Jamie's house was flooded due to the raining and she had to brace the fact she was going to probably pass by Alan today.

Well, she did. 

And boy, will it be the last time she ever will.

Maybe today wasn't just really Therese's day, but she just had to go with it. Carrying her dark blue umbrella over her head and jumping on the nearest puddles, she tried to ignore which houses she walking past by in case she'd be reminded of that foul Koala.

"Hah!" she laughed as she jumped on one of the best puddles yet. Though the sky was dark, the line of streetlamp were lit to not make the path so dangerous to walk on. Walking to a small beat, she was about to do a ridiculous criss-cross when she stopped in her tracks and looked up.