chapter 33

[edited]

decided to stop procrastinating (finally) and finish this chapter. it's kinda rushed but I tried.

~

[saely]

The world came back into focus gradually as I awoke from my chloroform-induced sleep. My brain was still slightly foggy, but I raised my head anyway, examining my surroundings.

I was sitting in a large, barren room that was lit by an ominous light bulb, suspended by a chain and swinging eerily above me. The only furniture decorating the room was a small desk in the corner. Looking down, I realized I was tightly bound to a metal folding chair. It was beyond rusty, the red substance now covering my tied wrists. I began to grow more and more frantic as the clouded feeling left my brain. Realization washed over me in one dreadful wave. He caught me. He had won now, and who was going to stop him? Nobody. No one in their right mind would try to find her, knowing that wherever she was, her psychotic father would be.

A thump at the door snapped me out of my panicked thoughts, followed by the door being forcefully shoved open. I shut my eyes and prayed that it wasn't who I thought it was.

"Well, well, well. Is this the way to greet your loving father?" The disgusting, slimy voice that haunted my dreams hissed, confirming my fears. Peeling my eyes open, I was greeted by the horrid mug of the man who created me. He didn't deserve the title of "father." He had lost that right years ago.

I laughed harshly, coughing a bit. "Loving? Is that what you call it?" I spat. "You're just a sick, twisted b-" His hand met my face before I could complete my sentence.

"Who gave you the right to speak?" My dad seethed, his saliva hitting my now red cheek. "I sure as hell didn't, so shut it, bitch." He turned sharply and walked over to the creepy blond man from before, who I hadn't noticed come in. "You should call your boys, I think she could use a session or two with them." I shrunk away from them in fear. One of his lackeys almost raped Hayden, and another beat the shit out of Jasper, so I could only imagine what they'd do to me.

I watched the two men slink out of the room, dreading what was yet to come. I was going to die today.

I felt like I had been sitting there for hours, the terror rising inside me by the second, when I heard a few loud gunshot-like bangs, followed by an army of footsteps ringing through the ancient building. The closer they got to my door, the more petrified I became.

Suddenly, the metal door in front of me was flung open, and I went against every sensible cell in my brain. I screamed.

Before I could finish, a massive, disgusting hand clamped over my mouth, which I promptly bit. My mind wasn't in control, my instincts were. I felt a slap moments later, bringing me back to my sensible self. I immediately shrunk away from my father. He was going to kill me right here and now, I could sense it. I'll never get to see Blade, Jasper, or Hayden ever again. Slowly, my eyes slid shut in acceptance.

"HANDS IN THE FUCKING AIR." My head flew up at the new terrifying voice in the room. Standing in front of us was an army of S.W.A.T. members and police officers. They all had guns trained on my psycho father.

"Saely! Oh god..." Suddenly Blade was in front of me. "What did he-" He was cut off as my dad grabbed his shoulder, flinging him to the ground. Another shot rang out and in an instant, the man who had married my mom joined Blade on the ground, his shoulder bleeding profusely.

Blade stood up, glaring daggers at my dad, and planted a foot on his foe's wounded shoulder, making the man under him gasp in pain. "Don't touch me, Saely, or anyone else ever again. Got that, you son of a bitch?" Dad nodded hastily, trying to get him to remove his foot.

Seeming satisfied with that response, Blade removed his foot and stepped back, letting the officials take over. "Grab him and lock him up." The officer who had yelled commanded, going over to Blade and helping him up. "Jasper, help me get these ropes off." Wait, Jasper was here? I glanced up and sure enough, there he was.

"Wah... Why... Why are you guys here?" I asked incredulously.

"We came to rescue you!" An adorably familiar voice chimed in.

"HAYDEN?" My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I saw the small teen. "You three could have been hurt, how could you come?"

Blade stopped untying the rope he was almost done with to stare up at me. "We love you, dammit. I wasn't just going to sit and wait, knowing that you're with a psychopath." Blade snapped, before softening and pulling me, now that I was fully untied, into a hug. "I love you, Sae. I will never leave you. You're safe now."

~

btw, another reason I felt inspired because I now have a significant other who I love with all my heart.

hfa!

C