chapter 3

[edited]

SUPER SORRY THIS IS SO LATE

~

I awoke to the sound of my dad yelling. Sighing, I rolled out of bed, putting on my usual jeans, t-shirt, and boots. Wonderfully boring.

As I walked down the stairs, I heard something unusual and very bad: my mom's voice. Usually, she was already gone by the time the rest of us woke up. I groaned internally. I'd completely avoided contact with her last night, which definitely pissed off my dad. He would make sure I wouldn't get away with that.

"How could you let her go like that! God damn it, Jasper, I expected more from you." I heard my dad yell as I peeked around the door frame. My parents stood menacingly in front of Jasper, who looked at them with disgust. 

"Jesus, Dad! She was tired after school, okay! Leave her alone!" Jasper yelled back, standing up to his full height, an impressive six foot three. Dad, unfazed by his son's menacing stature, slapped him.

"You weren't a mistake. You get good grades. I don't want you to suck-up to that bitch and ruin yourself." He shouted. My mom looked over to the door, where I was hiding. I shrunk back, but it was too late. 

"Saely, come her." She commanded, terrifyingly calm, yet underneath I could hear an unusual tone. It sounded as if she was almost scared. Pushing the thought off, I walked to them slowly, glancing at Jasper's face. He looked miserable. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him mouth 'I'm sorry'.

My dad was ruthless. My mom watched him, emotionless. Jasper had turned away, crying silently. I felt an old cut my dad had made a few weeks ago break open again, bleeding profusely as he kicked me. "Worthless slut." He hissed finally, turning away from me and heading out with Mom to their jobs.

"Oh my god..." whispered Jasper, looking over my damage, as always. I winced as a bolt of searing pain shot through my back. He gingerly removed my t-shirt and quickly began to treat my huge cut. It was fairly thin, but very deep and sliced from my left shoulder to my right hip, almost touching my thigh. Jasper, being a medical student, had a lot of experience cleaning me up, but it hurt like hell. 

We arrived at school three minuted before the bell rang. Jasper smiled sadly down at me and gave me a gentle hug, before sprinting off to his classroom. I grinned after him and headed off to my first period.

I walked into my classroom quickly and slipped in, unnoticed as always. I glanced around the room, looking for someone interesting to occupy my mind during the boring lecture. I spotted the popular bitch-squad chatting amongst themselves and flirting with the boys around them. The teachers here didn't give a damn what happened in class as long as they kept getting paychecks so the whole class was fairly noisy. I got out my phone and earbuds, closed my eyes, and zoned out as a random song started playing.

I walked down the hall, heading to the library. The lunch bell had rug a few minutes earlier and, as I had nobody to sit with, I hung out at the library till the period ended.

Upon entering, I immediately felt a pair of eyes boring into me. I hadn't felt that in almost two years and it really unnerved me. Yes, I got looked at, but never stared at. People knew I was there, they just never acknowledged me.

I turned to see Blade smirking and biting his lip. I was so confused. What was he doing? I'd never seen him here and I had been coming during lunch every day since I was a freshman. I turned away, continuing to my standard spot. I sat down too quickly, wincing at the pain. Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes, but I tried to ignore it. I felt the cut along my back reopen a little. A tear trickled across my cheek slowly. I grimaced at the realization that Blade had watched the whole thing. Hurriedly, I grabbed my phone, attempting to ignore the bolts of pain flaring through my back. My tears started to fall in a steady rain. Blade would know something's wrong. I glanced up to see his reaction. His smirk had vanished, replaced by a look if worry. He slowly started toward me. No, no, no, he couldn't come here. I'd never had to hide my pain before because no one payed attention to me anyway. Now, because of that, I was royally screwed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I heard Blade ask. His voice was surprisingly gentle, considering he was a 6'3" giant with pitch-black hair, snake bites, and gages. It was so deep and velvety, I was mesmerized for a second.

"Nothing." I muttered, trying not to cry. "I'm fine."

"You're obviously not." Blade stated firmly, sitting down next to me

"I'm okay. It's nothing." I sighed. Couldn't he just leave me alone?

Blade frowned, then reached out and began to trace my cut perfectly. 

"What the hell!" I jumped back, shocked, then hissed at the pain the sudden movement caused.

"Told you you weren't fine." Blade smirked. He stood up, grinned at me, and walked out of the library, leaving me confused and very annoyed. What the hell was his problem?

~

I wrote it down ages ago and was procrastinating a ton, so it took three times longer than necessary. However this is a lot longer than the last chapters I've written so be proud. 

HUGS FOR ALL!

C