chapter 7

[edited]

I'm finally back after another impromptu hiatus. I'm very sorry and will attempt to get back on schedule. Btw this chapter will be really short and all in Jasper's POV, but I have to put this in for the next, much longer chapter that I've already written down to make any sense. Sorry if anyone doesn't like Jasper. Thank you to everyone who has been commenting, it means the world to me. 

Btw, I imagine Hayden looking kind of like Jimin from BTS

~

[jasper]

I stared at Blade as he pulled Saely out of the hallway. Everyone slowly began to continue their everyday things as if nothing had happened. I pulled my gaze away from where they'd disappeared to the group of popular girls my teammates always drooled over. They were staring also, shooting eye daggers at the door. They all wanted Blade and, now that he'd so kindly displayed his weird relationship with Saely, they'd go after her like they did in middle school. I finally got why Saely didn't want Blade to talk to her. She knew what would happen. I smirked a little as one of the girls looked over at me. Saely was better than them, Blade only cared for her.

"Jasper, you good?" I glanced up at the voice, dragging myself from my thoughts. Beside me stood one of my friends, Hayden. "We need to get to class, the bell will ring soon." His eyes were amazing. I didn't pay attention to his words, just his face. Damn, this kid is cute. "Jasper! What's up with you? You're not listening!" 

"Wha- oh yeah, class." I grinned at his reaction. Hayden puffed out his cheeks in annoyance, only making him cuter. I heaved my backpack onto my shoulder, shaking my head lightly. What was wrong with me? What was I thinking? I followed Hayden obediently to our first period, a bit dazed. He was so different from my other friends, who were badass, popular, and cocky. He was disliked by my friend group, but I stopped them from bullying his since he was so adorable and innocent looking. Suddenly, my shoulder collided with something.

"God, stop spacing out!" I looked up at a very irritated Hayden who was readjusting the backpack strap I'd knocked askew

"Sorry." I felt my face heat up. I was confused at why he was affecting me so much. It wasn't like I liked guys or anything, so why couldn't I stop blushing? Hayden examined my face, concerned.

"Are you sure you're okay? You've been spacing out a lot and you're face is really red." I nodded rapidly, silently wishing he'd stop touching my face out of embarrassment. I shut my eyes tight, focusing on his hand drifting across my skin. Compared to my skin, his hand was freezing.

"Okay, I trust you. But please tell me if something's wrong." I smiled lightly. It's cute that he's worried.

~

Okay, I really liked writing this cause it was cute. Sorry if you aren't happy with the side plot, but I needed a adorable gay relationship to fluff up this book.

Hugs for all!

C