chapter 12

[edited]

Thanks to the people who were giving me ideas for a new book. I have a super awesome idea and will probably upload it once this book is done.

~

[saely]

A painful, anxious feeling began growing as we approached the school gates. I was unusually worried today. The popular girls hadn't caused me any extra grief, they just kept ignoring me with the occasional furious glance when Blade publicly displayed his affection, which happened a whole lot more than anyone would have guessed. He was very protective of me and secretly loved doing cute couple-y things with me. I always reprimanded him in fear I'd get backlash from it, but I really loved it. Subconsciously, my feet stopped moving, confusing Blade.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I felt his breath against my ear. I jerked away from him instinctively, hurting his feelings. "Sae, what are you worrying about? I know that look."

"I don't know. There's this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something really bad is going to happen today." I frowned.

"Do you want me to call Jasper?" I shook my head. He didn't need to be bothered by my antics. I was probably getting antsy over nothing, like usual. Walking into school was always so awkward for me. I knew everyone was looking at me, yet nobody paid me any attention. I could physically feel the anger seeping from Blade's fanclub. Lucky for me, Blade gripped to my hand, assuring me silently that I'd be okay. It was a relief when we reached my first period, but because of our grade difference, Blade was in a different class. He gave me a soft peck, smirking as he pulled away. "I'll be here when the bell rings. Stay safe!"

The bell finally rang. I sprang to my feet, wanting to get as far away from mind-numbing poems as possible. As I rushed out of the classroom, I was met by a hard object to the face.

"Mmph-" I staggered back slightly. Glancing up, I wasn't surprised to see my idiotic boyfriend with his signature grin plastered across his attractive face.

"Hey, babe. Is class so awful that you have to sprint out?" He laughed slightly, taking my hand and leading me out of the doorway. We always took our time to get to class on account of the obscenely long passing periods. Blade turned me into the main hall and opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by a shrill, annoying voice cut through the buzz of kids attempting to get to class.

"Oh my god, BLADE! I haven't seen you in FOREVER. You still that nasty boy I knew? If you're up for it, we could... you know..." She bit her lip, obviously trying (and failing) to be sexy. Who was this bitch? She was barely wearing anything, but Blade clearly recognized her by the uncomfortable, slowly turning furious look creeping across his features.

"Hey Camilla. Long time no see. If I'm not mistaken, I told you to piss off the last time we talked." He spat in her direction. "If you'll excuse me, I need to take my girlfriend to class."

"Oh come on, I know you better than to fall that. She's probably some girl you snagged when you saw me." She turned, finally acknowledging me. "Have you two done it yet?" My mouth hung open in shock. I felt ashamed for some reason. This girl had probably done more "things" with Blade than I had. Hell, it was a guarantee. The most we'd done was kiss! I shrunk back behind Blade.

She laughed at my cowardice. "Aww, is the little baby scared. You finally realized you'll never be able to match all the girls he's-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP." I jumped. Turning to Blade, I realized just how pissed this "Camilla" was making him. He was practically smoking with anger. "You have no idea what Sae's like. You have no idea what I'm like. That all happened two years ago and I've changed more than you could ever imagine, so do me a giant favor and LEAVE US ALONE." Camilla looked shocked by his sudden outburst, but that look was quickly replaced by fury to match Blade's.

"What have you done to him? Where's the boy who was always down to hook up. Dammit, you've ruined everything!" Some of her spit landed on my face as she hurled her anger out at me, before turning and storming off, leaving me shaking.

Blade's anger evaporated as fast as it came. "Oh god, Saely. Are you okay? Dammit, I hate her. Hold on, beautiful, I'm calling Jasper. You're going to be fine."

[jasper] 

I anxiously played with my superfluously long fingers. Blade was late to class which probably meant something was wrong with Saely. A buzzing from my phone started becoming apparent.

"Ma'am? I need to answer my phone." I spoke out. The teacher frowned and pointed to the door. Once I was out, I snapped up my phone. Seeing Blade's contact, a wave of fear rushed through me as I answered. "Hello?"

"Jasper, you need to get your ass down here right now." He sounded frantic. "Sae's having a panic attack and I have no idea what to do."

"Crap, hold on." I hung up and bolted to the main hall. Glancing up and down it, I noticed the two people I'd been searching for sitting near the literature hall. Disregarding all rules, I rocketed towards them. Saely was sitting, shaking noticeably and staring, fear still apparent in her eyes. Blade was stroking her blue hair, whispering loving things into her ears. I crouched next to her, causing Blade to glance up. I carefully pulled Sae into my lap, taking Blade's spot in her hair. "Dude, what happened? She hasn't had a panic attack this bad in years." At that, Blade flared his nostrils.

"You remember that ex I told you about?" I nodded warily. "She's here.. in the school." My eyes flew open.

"Oh crap. Hasn't she already made your life hell? Why did she need to come here?" I groaned. This was the last thing we needed right now.

"Apparently forcing me to do it with her wasn't enough for that psycho..." He drifted off, his eyes slowly widening, as if he just realized something. "No, no, no, no, dammit!" He flung his head back, slamming it violently against the locker we were leaning on.

"Jeez, what's wrong now?" I snapped as Saely visibly jerked at the sound.

"Camilla made me sound like a complete douche who had one night stands and b.s. like that. Sae'll probably hate me now." I heard a soft moan from my lap.

"D-don't... h-h-hate you." Saely muttered, stuttering heavily. She was always really shaky and nervous after panic attacks.

"Oh Sae, I love you!" Blade smashed his lips into her's, kissing her passionately. I cringed slightly. It was just weird to see my best friend making out with my sister. 

I pushed them both off of me. "I'm taking you home, Sae. You want to come too?" Blade nodded hastily and dragged us both out to my car.

~

This is actually a decently sized chapter, yay!

Hugs for all!

C