Chapter 18

[edited

Sorry for the minuscule exposition chapter. This wasn't in my og plans for this chap, but oh well.

~

[saely]

Jasper inhaled, preparing to give his speech. "Blade was a pretty normal kid during his first two years on high school. He wasn't 'badass', per say, but he was fairly popular. His parents were always busy with work, so he was mainly influenced by his friends. They got him into smoking and shit, but he didn't really know any better. All his friends were playboys, like you thought he was, but he didn't really follow them.

Eventually he met a beautiful girl who everyone pined after, the queen bee of the school. They got together at first because they were the most popular and people thought they were cute together." Jasper rolled his eyes. He had always been passionate about not faking romance, so dating for popularity was disgusting to him. Maybe that's why he had never dated anyone before Hayden. "However, as time went on, Blade truly fell for her and thought she had too." I grimaced at the thought of Blade falling for another girl. His reputation caused me to be way too overprotective.

"He thought what they had was real. His girlfriend was patient with him, but she was a slut, just like his friends' girlfriends. She made a move on him, and he blatantly refused. After that, she used force..." Jasper's voice faded off. He looked distant, as if he was reliving a memory. I tried to imagine Blade being forced into sex and I just couldn't. Blade was a powerful figure who got what he wanted no matter what, or at least he pretended to be, and it was near impossible to see him in a situation that he couldn't control.

"He ended up getting away before anything too horrible happened, but he was already damaged. I remember what he was like when I met him, a rough, anxious mess who didn't trust anybody. He built up so many damn walls, and his parents didn't care because of their stupid jobs!" Jasper slammed his fist down on the table beside the bed he was sitting on. I jumped back a little, startled at the sound and the fury in Jasper's eyes.

"Saely..." Jasper sounded desperate, and it scared me. "Blade is a hurricane of problems that nobody can fix, contained in a body that's gone through too much. You're his girlfriend, which means a hell of a lot, considering his previous dating experience. At least try to get through to him, okay?" I nodded slowly, trying to process everything. It all made a lot more sense now: Blade acting strange at our house, that time we ditched to go to the library, every just kind of clicked.

"I'll talk to him about it." I promised. Jasper seemed satisfied.

"Love you, Sae. Now get to class." I grinned and jogged off.

We're so close to 100k!!!!!

Hugs for all!

C