Chapter 20

[edited]

OML GUYS, 100K!!!!!!

This means so much to me, so I wrote an extra long chapter for my lovelies <3

^^Jimin w/ black hair in a sweatshirt-ish outfit^^

~

[hayden]

I settled into the passenger's seat of Jasper's car, a Nissan Rogue. Even though I was excited to see my parents after a while, I was really scared. I haven't seen them in months, and last time I did, they weren't too happy with my sexuality.

I came out to them a day before they left for their next business trip so if they hated me, I wouldn't have to deal with it for more than twenty-four hours. Smart, right? They weren't happy, per say, but they didn't kick me out, so I considered it a success.

Now, all the worry I avoided before was coming back to haunt me. What if they kicked me out? Was that why they wanted dinner with me tonight? A landslide of questions whirled around in my head, causing me to start panicking.

"-den, hey, Hayden!" I felt a hand on my shoulder and glanced up at Jasper. He sighed. "What's going on in that little head of yours, huh?" I noticed we were stopped, and looked out the window. We were pulled over on a street I recognized. We were only a few blocks away from my house! My heartbeat began speeding up. "Woah, calm down!" Jasper grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. "Listen to my voice, okay? You're okay, you're safe." I inhaled deeply, trying to get my breathing under control. Jasper had an extremely soothing voice, so it wasn't hard. "Alright. Do you think you can, without panicking, tell me what you were thinking about?" He asked, still holding my hand.

"The thing is, I d-don't really kn-know if my p-p-parents are okay with..." I let my sentence drift off.

"With what? Finish your sentence baby." A happy tingle shot up my spine at his tone of voice.

"With-uh, us?" It came out as more of a question.

"Ohhh..." Jasper tilted his head back a bit in understanding. "Well, you don't need to worry about that. I will alway love you, so if they have a problem with this-" He gestured between us. "-tell me, and I'll talk to them myself. Got it?" I nodded vigorously. Jasper smiled back and started up the car again, heading to my parents' house.

Upon arriving, I kissed Jasper goodbye and hopped from the car, waving as he drove off. Now alone, I wearily turned to face the massive house in front of me. I'd never really liked our house. It was too big for our small family of three, and we had maids, which I thought was stupid.

The moment I knocked on the door, it was flung open by one of the many young women my dad had hired. I saw them all as older sisters, but they were more like parents, seeing that mine were never here.

"Hey Amile." I smiled at the tall ginger girl who opened the door. She had freckles all over her nose and cheeks, long orange hair that almost reached her hips, and huge, beautiful blue eyes. She had been hired a couple months ago, but we were very close already.

"Hello Hayden." She grinned, her voice exuding happiness. That was another reason why I liked her; she was always positive and ready to make my day better. "Your parents haven't arrived yet, but they'll be here soon." I thanked her before heading off to my room.