chapter 31

I've whacked out an extra long chapter for you lovely humans to make up for my inactivity. I plan for there to only be two-three more chapters in this book, so it should be over soon!

Also, whatever assholes have been sending Jimin death threats, need to BACK THE FXXK UP, and reevaluate themselves because Jimin is a beautiful, talented, hardworking man who deserves respect and love. But it doesn't even matter if he's talented, YOU JUST DON'T SEND DEATH THREATS TO PEOPLE. We are all human and all deserve respect and basic rights. Thus ends my rant. Thanks for tuning in.

~

[blade]

I had been pacing back and forth in Jasper's living room for a good ten minutes now, waiting for my father and Hayden's parents to get here. The moment Jasper told me the horrible news, I called the adults, rapidly filling them in on the situation. Mr. Astino was going to bring his acquaintances from the police department. This had gone way too far now and it was time to bring the officials into it fully.

Jasper walked up to me, a hand on my shoulder pausing my anxious marching. "Please, Blade. We are going to get her out of this, I promise. But stop pacing, it's just making you more stressed."

I heaved a sigh. He was right, as usual, but the thought of sitting in a moment like this sounded absurd. Despite my hesitation, I begrudgingly complied to Jasper's request and sat in a loveseat, tapping my long fingers against the arm. Jasper smiled slightly before heading back to his spot next to Hayden, who was curled in an anxious ball, staring at the floor ahead of him, his usually cheery face expressionless. He barely even acknowledged that Jasper sat down next to him.

The door creaked open a few minutes later, our parents, including Mrs. King, oddly enough, entered, along with multiple people in police uniforms. I sat up straighter and Jasper pulled his sphere of a boyfriend over to the far end of the couch. The newcomers entered almost silently, situating themselves somewhere in the living room.

The head policeman broke the quiet atmosphere. "We have already been to the crash site and investigated it over the last few days." I tensed. I hadn't been there myself, so I had no clue what was found. "Besides some rubble from your wrecked vehicle," He nodded at Jasper. "There were multiple large footprints, most likely made by heavy duty combat boots. Along with those, there are dark tire marks heading away from the city." I let out a small gasp, biting my lip as everyone briefly glanced at me. "We don't know how far they go, but the were still faintly there past the road connected to the Astino's home street. These tracks are believed to be made by the kidnappers car." The man took a breath, slightly winded from non-stop talking, before continuing. "I already have a group of officers tracking the marks to see where they stop, or possibly lead."

The group had mixed responses to this news. Mrs. King looked terrified, but furious at the same time. My dad looked increasingly concerned. Being a businessman, he understood hostages and dirty deals all too well. People he had worked with in the past had been less that moral in the past, so he knew how serious these things were. Mr. Astino had a stony expression across his attractive features, in stark contrast to his wife, who looked ready to burst into tears. Hayden hadn't changed positions, still tightly coiled up in a ball. Jasper continued to rub his boyfriend's back, but his face read bloody murder. I was almost sorry for his dad now.

Jasper visibly cooled himself down before responding to the police officer's information, albeit through gritted teeth. "What are you going to do when you find her?"