10 - First Love

It was the next day at the tavern and it was close to closing time which made me sigh in relief.

"So is he coming over again today?" Elizabeth whispered, we were all cleaning tables, by all I mean Diane, Elizabeth and I.

I nodded my head and Diane silently fangirled and I laughed at her silliness.

Soon enough we were done cleaning and I was ready to go.

"See you girls tomorrow" I said with a small smile and a wave.

On my way home my heart began to beat harshly which made my brows furrow

I continued my journey home and when I arrive I heard chatter so I decided to leave the door slightly cracked open so if I needed to leave I could.

"Do you really love that human girl Y/n?" I heard someone ask, I was sure it was Estarossa.

We had met once or twice and our relationship was love and hate.

"Of course I do!" Zeldris argued and I slightly blushed.

Then I heard a throat clear, "so if Gelda were to come back you wouldn't leave Y/n? Gelda was your first love" Estarossa said.

Silence was heard.

"I would go back to Gelda"

Tears sprang in my eyes as I quickly left the house and I shut the door silently.

I ran all the way back to the tavern and I burst into tears on the floor.

Diane and Elizabeth were quick to come to my rescue, Meliodas was only watching the scene unfold itself.

"He still loves her" I cried and Diane and Elizabeth looked at each other worriedly then began to comfort me.

They had both told me of his previous love named Gelda who was a vampire but she was killed by Meliodas since she had asked him to kill her.

Suddenly there was a loud bang and suddenly Zeldris stood there and I hid behind Diane, I couldn't face him.

"Y/n let's go" he said but I shook my head.

"Is this his idea?" He asked gesturing to Meliodas, before I could answer Estarossa threw a sharp black thing at Meliodas.

I jumped forward and instead it pierced me in the stomach.

"Y/n!" Everyone yelled.