Chapter 8: Stranger Danger

Ryan's pov:

I waited in front of the school for my friends. As I saw groups of freshmen pass by, an empty feeling in my heart showed up. I sigh and ran my fingers through my dirty blonde hair. My little sister passed by with her little group of minions. She smirked at me and stopped in front of me.

"Where's your group of losers, brother?" She smirked as venom laced her voice. I rolled my eyes and glared at her. She seemed surprised at my sudden fierce look.

"They're not losers, sister." I said with the same amount of venom.

"They are to me. You are never going to make me like them. Once I tell father your dating Clemintine, he'll bite your head off. Probably ban you from this school." She smirked. I clenched my fist and look at my shoes. With a smug look, she sashayed inside the school. Her heels clanking against the white tiled floors.

"Dude, you look like your going to kill someone." Taytum came up to me. I blew my hair and stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"It's Sophia again..." I mumbled. He shook his head and leaned against the wall.

"Hey, have you seen Aiden lately." Taytum asked quietly. I shook my head, hearing footsteps. Not just one, but four. I look up and a gasp escapes my lips.

"Nylah..." There, my best friends stood beside a girl who I thought died. She had the second year uniform. Without thinking, I ran up to Nylah's, picking her up and twirling her around with a long awaited smile on my face. She giggled and just like her usual self screamed. "STRANGER DANGER!!!!!!!"

I set her down and scratched the back of my neck. "I'm sorry, Nylah. It's just been so long since we've last seen you! How's your-" Clem slapped her hand on my mouth and looked back at Nylah. With a cheesy smile she said, "We'll...be right back! Taytum! Get your butt over here!"

He quickly rushed over. With a scared look on his face.

Clem dragged us down the stairs in front of the academy and looked at us. She explained everything and told us who the person was next to Nylah. I was a little heartbroken that she couldn't remember us but I know that's she's in there. We both nodded and went up the stairs but I stopped as Clem bumped in me.

"Oi, what's the hold up?" Clem asked

"Does...Aiden know...?" I say quietly. Aiden has been disconnected ever since Nylah died. We haven't seen him for the whole summer. He wouldn't answer any of our calls or text and always stays locked up in his room. We wanted to break the door down but Kat said that he needed more time. Clem looked to the side and shrugs.

"We'll just have to find out."

Le time skip~

Nylah's pov:

Ah! My first day at DA was amazing! I met new friends instantly, despite that weird encounter with that guy...what was his name?

Ryan! Yeah. He was a year older than us. So I only got to see him in the hallways. Lunch was actually greater than I thought it would be. But the odd thing was, a spot was empty beside me and no one was allowed to sit there. I got a few waves and greetings from people who knew me but I didn't know them. It was odd but nonetheless fun and great!

I look forward to the upcoming year!

What she didn't know was that it wouldn't be what she expected.