Chapter 1

Chapter 1
"Rene,get up. You wouldn't wanna miss your first day of senior year now would you?"
Actually I would. I growled and got out of my warm cozy bed which wanted me to lay back in it.
I went into my freezing bathroom. I hate it when my stepdad has the air on like 60 degrees when he knows I have to go to school?
My happy dance. The only thing that wakes me up completely. I had made it a routine since I'm 17 and have a lot to live for at my young age.
Brush teeth,wash face, put on boring school uniform and walk out the door. That's all it took for me since I hate wearing makeup and my hair... Well lets just say I did it at the bus stop.
Dark brown hair, brown eyes, boring brown skin color...why can't I look like all the other 'pretty girls' at my school. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and naturally beautiful skin.
I snapped out of my thoughts as the bus approached me. Get ready for the worst 30 minutes of your life. The Lucky One, my favorite book since I was 14. Found it at a garage sale for 50 cents... Couldn't pass that deal up. I opened my book and continued where I left off.
"Rene?!" just ignore her maybe she will leave me alone. " Rene?!"
oh my god do you not see me reading?! "R__ "
" What could you possibly want with me. Good morning how are you Lillian? How was your summer?" The bus driver looked at me probably because I'm the quiet one on the bus." I just wanted to say hi...jeez are you ok?"
No I'm not... you just interrupted me in the middle of my book!!!
"Yeah I'm fine just tired that's all" I rolled my eyes and turned back to my book. "You had a bad summer huh?"
"Yeah I worked my butt off all summer to buy a car so I wouldn't have to ride this hot bus everyday."
"Yeah your right. Hey... if you get a car can you bring me with you?"
uhhhhh no I want to go by myself " Sure... Uh why not it couldn't be that bad."
"So how come you didn't make enough money?" You should know why... my lousy part time job and my mom always taking money from me but could I say anything... NO! she puts a roof over my head and gives me food to eat everyday.