Chapter 1 - The Weird Beginning

Here I am. Alone, depressed, unhappy and what else should I describe sadness? I was sitting in the middle of the bridge by myself admiring the view of the water. The bridge was part of the sea just above more than 10 meters height from the seawater. My name is Tomoka, I am 15 years old and I gotta admit. I had at least enough happy childhood memories until then, everything turned out the complete opposite. Wanna know what happened? Well It all started when I was five...

Flashback

Wake up Tomoka! Good morning! It's time for breakfast!" Mrs Itoh said quietly whispering to her ear while shaking her gently to wake her up. Tomoka opened her eyes sleepily and jumped into her mother's arms, "Mama you're back from work! Yay!" "Of course! I will be the one sending you to school now. Daddy should rest for now."

School

School

"And the winner for the neatest drawing of the flower is Tomoka Itoh again!" Everyone Cheered for her and Tomoka felt so happy as well. She stopped cheering when another 5 year old girl shouted, "Hey teacher! Why does it always have to be Tomoka that's the best? Aren't our drawings good too?" "Well Miyako, it's true that all of our drawings are wonderful. But in this class, many students here need to improve their neatness and that's why we do happy competitions so that our skills will be improved faster." Tomoka felt bad and walked towards her with the paper, "Here Miyako! You can keep it, maybe it will help you and you can try copying it as well!" Miyako looked at the paper and then Tomoka. When no one including the teacher was looking nor listening to them, she said angrily "I'm fine! I don't need your help and I don't need your paper too! I want to handle my drawings all by myself!" "But Miyako, maybe you don't need to copy the drawing, but you can still get ideas and help from it too! I already have so many papers for me too." Miyako couldn't handle her anymore and shouted, "I SAID I DONT WANT IT YOU FREAK! WHY ARE YOU THE BEST IN EVERYTHING HUH?! IF YOU DONT NEED IT TOO THEN I'LL HAVE TO DO THIS!!" She ripped the paper in many pieces that it's nearly impossible to put them back together. After she left, everyone stared at Tomoka, who had tears in her eyes from being called a freak and seeing her scattered pieces of the drawing on the floor.

Ever since that incident, many students who were there started siding with Miyako, rumors then spread the whole school until everyone hated me for always being ahead of them. They couldn't be first place in the exams even once because of me. Just when years went on, my parents started turning against me without even understanding me when I was 10..

"And the student whose in first place in the English exam is Tomoka Itoh!" The teacher shouted in class but no one even one person, clapped nor cheered for her. All they have given was just death stares.. Tomoka already knew this would happen and it felt like torture. She was lonely, no one to talk to. While walking in the halls for lunch time, the real torture happens, "Hey freak! Why won't you teach us about food!" A boy shouted, throwing an apple towards her only hitted her arm. "She can't be only a freak, actually, she's more of an alien because no human like her should be that perfect!" Everyone laughed and all they do were to keep throwing food at her until she was suspended for 3 days. Her father already left her and her mother because of a fight and that he cheated her on her mother for more than 3 years without realising making her feel brokenhearted. But something not longer than three days happened made her heart feel more torn apart...
"Mama please don't go! I don't even have friends so how can I cope alone?!" "SHUT UP! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT FOR BEING A SELFISH BRAT! YOU'VE HURT MANY PEOPLE JUST TO BE A SHOW OFF. CAN'T YOU REALISE THAT?!?!" Due to being addicted to the wine bottle, that's what's making her mother always angry even for no reason. Tomoka tried squeezing into her mother's arms sobbing loudly, "Please mama! I'll even do the cooking and cleaning an do whatever you want me to do I promise! Please don't go mama! I want you to stay! I want you to-" that sentence was interrupted by her mother's harsh push, making her hitting her back against the floor crying in pain as well. Her mother's last ten words before she left, "what a fool I was to give birth to you.." then a huge loud door slam in front of her was all was heard. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." Was repeated all over again while being sat on the floor in the quiet house. She was alone, all alone, with not even one person by her side..

End of Flashback

That until now, despite not being over the age of sixteen, I still managed to find a part time job to earn money for buying food and the things that'll help me survive

That until now, despite not being over the age of sixteen, I still managed to find a part time job to earn money for buying food and the things that'll help me survive. So now, while I was taking fresh air, I ended up having tears streaming down my cheeks talking to myself while not caring if people think I'm mad or what was wrong with me, "IS LIFE THAT CRUEL?! ALL I DID WAS MAKING MYSELF A BETTER PERSON AND ALL I GET FROM IT IS HATRED AND ABANDONMENT!!"

I Continued weeping until something caught my eye: a boy who looked like 7 years old is struggling in the sea! "Calm down Tomoka, someone should notice right now and then there would be no need to jump in there." Not even one person noticed after 10 seconds, "GOD WHY MEEE?!?!?" I jumped down into the sea from the bridge, terrified how how high it was to jump from there because I plummeted in the bottom more than 3 meters down but managed to break the surface and swimming towards the boy.

Great. About time a woman shouted, "ALEX!! NO! SOMEONE HELP HIM PLEASE!" She seemed like his mother. A man went and jumped into a canoe and paddled as fast as he could to reach the boy. I at least managed to hold him from drowning and gave him to the man once he arrived. He told me to reach out his hand so that I can be pulled aside and be safe as well. However something unexpected happened while I reached out for him, I was being pulled down underwater from my whole body. It felt like gravity wanted to suck me into the bottom of the ocean.

My struggles make me grew weaker as I fought for air and to be back on the surface, I was running out of air from my lungs quicker than I thought, i couldn't even scream a little because I was being dragged downwards further, water already entered...

My struggles make me grew weaker as I fought for air and to be back on the surface, I was running out of air from my lungs quicker than I thought, i couldn't even scream a little because I was being dragged downwards further, water already entered into me and I was already drowning until all I see was blackness taking over me. Is this it? Is this how will I die? This is already the end of my life? What a waste to be me then. Suddenly, before I went unconscious, a very bright white light went into my eyes. That was weird, I'm breathing, wait WHAT? I'm breathing underwater? Before thinking about that, I already went unconscious after breathing and being blinded by the bright light. Well I guess you can saw you already felt that something is going to happen which will turn out to be a beginning. A weird one. A Weird Beginning.