S E V E N T E E N

Lynn
Madi, Sam, and I were at The Curtis's again. Surprisingly they took the whole "oh we were supposed to kill you" thing very well but Dallas he still hated me.

"Lynn, these two are similar" Pony said and pointed the two of the riddles. I looked over from what I was doing and read them.

Nary a tick, nary a tock- silent, silent, the handless clock. Tarry no longer; cast off all doubt. The sands of time are running out

Had at work day and night, it counts the numbers over and over. Although it counts all its life, it never gets past twelve.
~Clock

I started looking over it. The one we still haven't solved and read it slowly.

"Nary a tick, nary a tock-silent, silent, the handless clock" I read aloud and the gang looked over.

"What clock has no sound?" Two asked and I shrugged.

"No sound oh well but why is it handless?" Steve asked.

"Alarm clock?" Soda chimed in.

"No...it has no sound," Madi said.

"Tarry no longer; cast all doubt out the sands of time are running out" I spoke again.

"It's saying not to doubt ourselves?" Darry asked.

"Yeah" Sam replied.

"Sands of time are running out...sands of time...an hourglass..." I whispered.

"What?" they all said confused.

"An hourglass! Blake was talking about an hourglass running out!" I said and tried reaching for the marker but I was too short.

"What meanie decided to do this?" I asked angrily and Darry chuckled handing me the marker.

"Thank you," I said and quickly wrote next to it. Hourglass

"Good job Lynn" Sam smiled and I shrugged.

"It's whatever"

We were looking at the rest of the evidence when the door opened and Dallas walked in.

"Hey guys do you w-" he started but once he saw me his eyes softened and he walked out sadly. No one could tell he was sad but I could.

"What's with him?" Two said confused.

"Yeah, he just stopped mid-sentence and walked out" Pony replied.

"He was sad," I said quietly and turned my attention to the board.

"Sad? Dallas Winston sad?" Steve chuckled.

"I bet Madi came here the other day and beat Dallas didn't she?" I asked quietly and they nodded.

"The night before Dallas hit me and I ran home and did this..." I said showing them my cut wrist. They all gasped, sighed, or made small comments.

"Madi dragged him over to make him see what he did to me and now I don't know but he looks sad," I said quietly. All of the sudden Pony and Johnny hugged me and shook their heads.

"Please don't do that" Johnny said quietly and I nodded with a small smile.

Once they let go I went over to Madi and Sam.

"I'm gonna call Buck to see if he can close up for us so it will only be us and the gang," I said and they looked confused.

"Why?" Madi asked.

"To show Dallas the board. There's a target on his back too" I said and they nodded.

I walked over to the phone and phoned Bucks. I stood there waiting for an answer.