Chapter 24: Revelations

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

PERCY

I gave a sigh when silence filled the room, looking back down again "I know that you're currently in a state of disbelief, but you have to believe me when I say that me hiding who I am is taking a toll on not just me, but everybody else. I'm tired of trying hide myself. I want to walk around camp without having to wear that damn hood over my face. I... I don't care about what anyone might think of me anymore. I just want to let them know I'm alive. For Void's sake! They're doing my memorial every year!!"

Kronos leaned forward, his brows creasing with worry and concern "This is not about what Athena said about you hiding yourself, right? You know that you don't have to listen to what that bitch says."

"Language!" Chaos chided

Kronos waved a hand "My point is... do you really wish... from the bottom of your heart, that you want to reveal yourself to them. Once you do, there's no turning back"

"You're making it sound like what I'm about to do is a mistake already" I mumbled

Kronos sighed "It's not like that, and you know it"

I bit my lips "I... I just can't keep doing this, you know. I thought I can. I really thought that I can just waltz back here without anyone knowing, then leave without anyone noticing."

"And you can" Kronos squeezed my hand in between his

I shook my head "And you know that I can't. Because of my insecurities and self doubt, everyone can't place their trust on me—on us. Maybe, if seeing that it's me, they'll at least back off"

"I knew it! This is because of what that bitch said to you!!" Kronos growled

"Kronos!" Chaos chided "Mind your language"

"I am minding my language—in my standards, that is"

I gave a chuckle at Chaos' affronted look

"Forget about my choice of words—" Kronos looked at me with intense eyes "Percy, are really sure about this?"

"Why does it sound like you don't want me to reveal myself?" I frowned

"Because I don't"

I gaped at him

Kronos sighed, and raked a hand through his hair "Percy, you know that I worry about you, and your sudden decision just doesn't sit right with me. Especially when a part of your reason is because of that prideful bitch. I want you to show yourself, because you want to, not because you feel obligated to"

I sighed, and reached for his hands which was picking at the end of my blanket "I want to, pappoús. I've been thinking about it for some time now. I mean, it kinda gets tiring with trying to hide every single time. I can't show my face, and I don't even interact with the campers unless necessary. All of my actions up until now, it screams distant. The campers can feel my reluctance to communicate, and the more I shy away from them, the more I attract their curiosity. You know demigods, we're unsatisfied creatures who likes to unfold everything, and me hiding my very identity makes them even more curious, not to mention suspicious. Athena stated the truth that my very existence right now is one big enigma. I don't let anyone in, except the lot of you. I kept to myself, and then BAM! Artemis was suddenly possessed and declaring war against her family. I have made no attempt at trying to make them see that I am an ally. Me showing myself might clear all misunderstandings."

"And so...?" Kronos asked "You have tried to prove yourself countless times. They're just too stubborn to admit it."

"They're just too prideful" Kronos crossed his arms "Let them think what they want to think. They can judge you all they want, their opinions doesn't matter. We're here to help them, and if they cannot accept what boundaries we set, then we simply show them that we do not tolerate people who doesn't know their place."