Chapter 7: Return

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

PERCY

I was pacing inside my room. Sweat trickling down my face. My breathing turning heavy from the panic. Can I really do this? Can I really face them without giving myself away? What if something went wrong and they find out?

A knock on the door made me jump out of my skin "Come in" I softly called out while sitting down at the edge of my bed

Mother poked her head inside before giving me a small smile. She entered before closing the door behind her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked while sitting down beside me

I gave her a wobbly smile, trying to make her see that I'm alright. Even though I am far from being alright.

"Okay" I muttered while bouncing my knees up and down and clasping my hands together to stop the shaking

Mother sighed and cupped my cheek, making me look at her "Son, I cannot promise you that everything will be okay. But, I can assure you that they can never hurt you again. Not with me, watching them 24/7. And if they did in fact, hurt you. My brother will be the least of their worries" she firmly stated while looking at me with protectiveness

I felt myself smile a little. No matter how old I get. Mother will always be protective of me. You would think that being the commander of the army will be enough to make her see that I am capable of protecting myself. But no, she just gets worse. And just by that simple show of concern made my heart feel warm.

"You really know to how to put words together, mom" I chuckled while hugging her

Mother shook her head with an amused expression on her face and patted my back "Anything for you, son" she replied making me smile

"Well, you better go or else the Olympians might get whiny" I joked

Mom chuckled and pulled back "Of course, how could I forget that. Ready the others and inform the army that you will be leaving once I give my signal"

I nodded my head and kissed her cheek before she disappeared with a flash of light and darkness. Leaving me in my room, contemplating if I should run while no one was looking.

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW:

Chaos arrived in front of the council of the Gods. She sighed when she saw them arguing and fighting. You would have thought that a century would help them with their immaturities. But no, just because some unknown presence made itself known, they decided to point and jab fingers into each other's faces because they can't solve the problem. Athena looks like she might pass out any minute now from trying to stop them from fighting. They might have learned from their mistake, but they do say "old habits die hard"

Chaos casually strolled towards the center, waiting for the Gods to notice her presence. A few minutes passed, none of the Gods seems to be noticing her and her eyebrows twitched with annoyance. Tapping her fingers against her crossed arms while her foot impatiently taps against the marbled floor of the Throne room.

She took a deep breath and cleared her throat loudly. All noises ceased at once, all eyes turning to look in her direction. When the Gods saw her, their eyes widened and they made a hasty bow of respect "M'lady" Zeus greeted, standing up from his kneeling position when Chaos waved her hand and told them to stand "Forgive us for not noticing your presence. To what do we owe this visit?"