Chapter 6: Preparing

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

On Earth:

Along a dimly lighted street. Gods and nymphs were chattering and talking about the upcoming memorial of a hero. A hero who had died because of the pride and arrogance of the Olympians.

The memorial of the hero. It is held once a year, on the day that the brave hero died on the council room. Every year, Gods, nymphs, and Half-bloods alike gathers to tell his stories to the new generation of Half-bloods. It was set to make an inspiration to the younger generation and a reminder to the Gods that if they ever go back to their ways, they will experience the same pain and sorrow they've felt when they had learn that it was because of their arrogance that someone so kind and caring died... by their very hands.

The death of the hero had left a huge blow on the world of the Gods and the world of mortals. The weather at the mortal world was constantly cloudy, rainy or too much heat coming from the sun. Because of these problems, the mortal world is having a crisis on how to solve the unpredictability of the weather.

Because of the Sea God's depression, the sea was turning into a murky color of black, the waves were much stronger and thus, no boats or ships can leave the harbor. Humans can't go near the shore for the water was confirmed to be poisonous.

Adding that the King of the Gods was also grieving, blaming himself for his arrogance and anger issues. Because of this, thunderstorms have become a daily thing in the world of mortals.

The Sun God was also in a state of depression, to the point that he cannot focus on his duty and will always go the wrong way, causing for the sun to rise and deliver unbelievable heat on different places at once.

The Moon Goddess was grieving as well. But she had coped up with it with the help of her hunt. But, no one can deny that the goddess was also hurting, for the moon does not shine like it always does.

Because of all these things, the mortal world is suffering from constant climate change and the fast pace of global warming. The North Pole was slowly melting because of the Sun God's carelessness. Many airports and forts were forced to shut down because of the constant thunderstorms and huge waves. Things were not looking good, and the Gods were too busy mourning the death of the hero to even notice that they are causing mass destruction on earth.

Fortunately, a certain wisdom Goddess has noticed the drastic change in the world of mortals and had summoned a meeting

"What is it that you want to discuss, child?" Zeus asked, all of them settled on their thrones

Athena frowned at the word 'child' but chose to ignore it. Right now, her first priority is to help the mortal world "We are here to discuss the world of mortals, Father"

At the word 'mortal' the king straightened and indicated for her to continue "It has come into my attention that we are causing a lot of destruction for the past century, and if this continues, humanity as we know it, will perish right before our very eyes"

Athena surveyed the Gods who was the cause of all these "I am sure that some of you know that they are the cause of this. And I just want to remind you that if this continues, the mortal world is not the only one at risk but also our world. The camp can't possibly hold out with the way you are controlling your domains. The camp was built to be a haven for our children. But because of the drastic change of environment, the barrier that is surrounding the camp will slowly fall. The ones keeping the barrier up at camp is us. If anyone of us even wavers, the barrier will also waver. So I suggest that you try and be considerate of others. Because by continuing this... state!! We are also endangering our children"