Bonus -Interrogation Time

Sighing, I drop my head on the table

Sighing, I drop my head on the table. After spending three hours in a car and another two hours in this room, I've grown incredibly bored. My wrists have also begun to itch, the metal digging into my skin. Since I'm apparently a murderer, the cuffs have to stay on.

The door opens, a detective finally coming in. The man glares at me, plopping down in the seat. "I'm just going to ask you some standard questions...then we'll move on to the more...difficult ones." I nod, lifting my head. "Please state your full name."

"Ellis Gretchen King."I respond.

"Date of birth?"

"July 29." (Idk the year the story is set in)

"What are...were your parents names?"

I flinch, willing the tears not to spill. "Ronald and Jeanette King."

"In which state were you born?"

"Texas."

The man shuffles through his papers...now onto the difficult questions. "When did you first meet the Baudelaires?"

"At Prufrock Preparatory Academy three months ago."

"Did they seem like good people?"

My eyebrows furrow. "I'm not sure I understand."

"Let me rephrase. Did they seem like...troubling kids? You might have known that their parents had passed. Going through something like that can change a person, and not always in the best way."

I think back to my first meeting with the siblings. Did I sense trouble in them? Was I worried about the kind of people they were? "My parents died, do you think I'm a terrible person?"

The officer shuffles in his seat. "Well, you're sitting in this room."

He's got a point. But it's not my fault I'm in this situation. "Yeah, the death of someone you love can change you badly, but that wasn't the case for the Baudelaires."

"And how would you know? According to my files, you didn't know the Baudelaires when their parents were alive." I open my mouth to protest, but the officer keeps speaking. "There's no way you could've known what the Baudelaires were capable of. They could've been planning on murdering Count Olaf since the day they got dumped off at his house. Or maybe their parents were planning it, and the siblings decided to do it for them after their passing. And they met you and grew fond of you. You were unexpected, unplanned, or maybe they were just using  you for their own benefi-"

I rise from my chair. "Shut up!" The officer glares at me, but remains quiet. I try to speak, deny his words, tell him it's not true, but my mouth won't move. Glue seems to stick to my lips. And like a flash flood, tears rain down my cheeks. It becomes difficult to breathe, my knees wobbling. I crash to the ground, back hunched over. I know my friends, I know how horrible Olaf is. I shouldn't believe what this officer is telling me, but deep down a part of me does. I hate that part of me. I want to take a knife and slaughter it. "What do you want from me?"

The officer kneels besides me. "You're looking at many years in prison, Ellis." He softly replies. "If you admit that there was a chance the Baudelaires could have been planning this and that you were forced to join them, your sentencing won't be as harsh."

"You want me to lie?"

The officer sighs. "I don't believe you could've ever done something like this...not unless someone made you. You're a good kid. Now be smart, and take this deal."

Fun Fact, the birth date and state she was born in are actually mine.

Yay!! It's my birthday soon and I'm gonna be 18!!! So here's a present from me to you. Hope y'all liked it!