Chapter 9

After trying for fifteen minutes, the Baudelaires realized there was nothing down here to rescue the Quagmires and myself

After trying for fifteen minutes, the Baudelaires realized there was nothing down here to rescue the Quagmires and myself. So, Violet suggested they return upstairs to find some tools that'll help.

"I don't want to leave you here." Klaus mutters, griping my hand tightly.

I squeeze his hand, smiling lightly at him. "I'll be fine. I've got Isadora and Duncan to keep me company until you return." Klaus smiles as well, squeezing my hand one last time before walking back towards his sisters. Isadora and I link hands as we watch the Baudelaires float away.

"I told you they would come." Isadora cheekily tells me, nudging her shoulder with mine.

I roll my eyes at her. "Of course they would come." A voice calls from the dark. My body stiffens, and I grip Isadora's hand tightly. "They're idiots and care for you." Olaf stops out from the shadows, his usual evil smirk resting on his lips. His gaze turns to mine, and my blood turns to ice. "One more so than the others."

Duncan shuffles so he kneels between Olaf and Isadora and I, arms stretched out protectively. "You're not taking her." He tries to sound intimidating, but I can hear the slight hesitation in his voice.

Olaf chuckles, stepping closer. "Oh, aren't I though?" He quickly opens the cage, grabbing Duncan by his collar and yanking him out. His cold hand latches onto my wrist, pulling me out as well. He shoves me into the arms of the younger boy, who drags me out of the elevator shaft.

"No!" I cry, struggling in his grip. "Isadora! Duncan! Help!" I turn my head to face the boy. "Please, don't do this. Don't hurt me, please." For a moment, just a moment, I see a flicker of remorse shine in his eyes. But it disappears as soon as I register it.

"I'm sorry." He wraps an arm around my waist, lifting me up and ripping me away from my friends.

"Ellis!"

"No! Stop it!"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Duncan! Isadora!"

Dude guys, BTS is gonna be in TX in September and I'm gonna be in TX in September and I wanna see them so fricking bad but the cheapest tickets are like $800 and I'm kinda broke and I feel like crying cause I wanna go to their concert so freaking much!!!!

Anyways, my rant is done. For now, cause you'll probably hear me complain about this again.