26: Resting Bitch Face

There were seven weapons to choose from to kill Vanity

She needed one--the best angel--and he had to be the total package. Wit, bravery, speed, and a black belt in exterminating demons included.

Jungkook was pretty handy with that sword of his. Years of training honed him into a formidable opponent. He was loyal, caring, skilled. He also possessed a small glimpse of morality. Though she'd never really seen him fight, he was an option.

Hoseok's wings, as far as Grey knew, were not weapons. While his optimism would offer amazing moral support, she would be alone when it mattered most. That counted him out.

Jin's shadows were their own entities. They were hard to explain and harder to categorize. The best way to put it into words was calling it a black mass with lively properties. A night sky that expanded and contorted according to will. That would give her an advantage, but he was the last person she cared to work with.

Finally, Jimin, Taehyung, and Namjoon were still mysteries. Before the week was over, she vowed to discover one of their talents. It would be unwise to jump into a decision and find that someone else was stronger when it was too late.

An integral piece was missing from her analysis. She just couldn't put her finger on what exactly.

Besides that, it was time to get back in shape. She'd sat pretty for far too long with distractions, filet mignon, and finger foods. Perhaps tomorrow morning she'd go for a jog, maybe throw in push-ups and sit-ups for building muscle. There was no point in rushing a woman that could snap her in half with a flick of her finger.

All of these things she considered while getting dressed for the day and whipping her hair up into a messy bun. It hurt less to stretch her arms overhead. That was a good sign to recovery, right?

King Luca, His and Her Majesty yawned and stretched into child's pose on Grey's bed. The girl would need time to adjust to the pronoun changes, but as long as the animal stayed an animal, she would be acknowledged as a she. Grey watched her lousily tumble from the bed and smooth down frizzed hair on her front paws.

Grey woke up this morning with the intent of asking Luca who to choose for this quest, but her enthusiasm deflated before shaking her awake. As far as Nico knew, Vanity was still his sister. How did one ask another to help end the life of their sibling? The personal feelings involved would bring conflict to the task. Cat form or not, Luca would shoot the idea down before Grey could finish her sentence.

So, she hummed to herself instead and finished prepping before throwing open her bedroom suite door. The penthouse design sprawled before her, a pair of chocolate colored wooden steps leading down to the lavish living room. Raindrops clung to the floor-to-ceiling windows along with a thick coat of fog. She finished admiring the gray skies and stepped into the kitchen.