the princess - dinner

Start from the beginning

"Come in then." I tell Grad and he comes inside while Regina still covers me.

"You're needed in section twenty eight." Grad explains his reason for coming and Heather leaves with him.

"That what a close call." Regina lets out a deep breath as she lets go of the blanket and continues to help me get ready.

"So is Roan my age or?" I ask her as she now puts on my dress and ties it tighter on the back.

"Just a tiny bit older I believe but you're going to love him. He's so handsome and you're so pretty. Oh my gosh! Imagine you two together!" Regina squeals at the end, way more excited that I am.

I haven't kissed a guy since Bellamy, haven't really have time to look here for a cute guy, not until I'm fully done with training soon enough. The Queen says another two weeks and I'm ready to go find a husband unless I'd like to go for a girl.

"I mean, if he is as handsome as you say he is." I mumble and go back to the vanity where Regina starts with my hair and makeup.

"Believe that when you meet him, wow. You'll faint." Regina assures me and I send her a wink by the mirror.

"I hope so." I whisper under my breath.

It's time to move on. I mean sure, I don't know if my friends back at camp are safe or even alive but I got to live my life the best I can.

Once Regina is done with me, we walk beside each other down my section. Yeah, I have a huge section for myself but it's actually for all my staff. It's one of the less room sections because I got my room, my office, an actual huge walking closet which is like three rooms together, my library, Regina's (maid) room, Heather's (one healer) room, my bathroom, and a pool.

I'm happy with it, I feel like I'm in heaven. There's nothing else I'd ask for.

"Don't worry, you've got this. Everyone loves you here." Regina tries to boost up my confidence as Rufus waits down the hall. Rufus would become my help once the Queen hands me the throne when she retires or dies.

"Just if you could see me wing this." I whisper at her as the sliding doors unlock and lets me and Regina through.

Well now down to section five which contains the ball room where we'll be eating.
"You're maid is allowed to come. We've got plenty of food and space." Rufus leads our mind as he walks us, when people walk by us they whisper and give me a smile or do a small head bow.

I look over at Regina who makes a cringe face, clearly not liking the maid label but hey that's the way we met.
"Don't worry, you'll become my second help someday." I whisper at her but I know its only half because of it.

Rufus job is also from heirs and picking the best person from their generation so there's usually two but the Queen only wanted one.

The thing that Regina is most bothered is because Regina has a crush on Rufus since we're almost all the same age. Poor Rufus won't even acknowledge without mentioning the word maid.

"Someday." Regina whispers and we continue our journey. It's not long until we reach section five.

"They should be here shortly." Rufus speaks up once again but goes beside the Queen who's looking down at the tv.

"You did a wonderful job, Miss. Townsend." The Queen speaks up making Regina flush red.

"T-Thanks." The Queen has acknowledged Regina and Heather as my favorite so she gave them an access pass to all places and cut the rule of always bowing when she sees us. Now they only bow to us if there's other people around.