A duck sniffing a dog's hiney

Start from the beginning

"Don't want to leave loverboy waiting." He winked.

"If by loverboy you mean my dad then yes." I raised an eyebrow "You've been hanging out with Jake way too much."

"I really have." He said seriously making me snort. 

"Right... See ya tomorrow my little serpent." I cooed.

"Serpent, is that what you call yo-" Snake looked extremely amused so I started opening the car door because I knew something dirty was gonna come out of that mouth of his.

"Can't hear you, driving!" I interrupted him.

The last thing I heard was his booming laughter before I drove away.

Fifteen minutes later I was parking my car in my dad's driveway. I guess he was working at home today since he usually didn't come home this early.

"No I'm not interested in a vacuum cleaner!" Was the first thing my dad said to me. He was still wearing his lawyer-y clothes but his dark brown hair looked disheveled and he wasn't wearing any shoes. His socks were a nice bright red with white polka dots. Very manly.

"What? If I offer you a vacuum cleaner, you'll take it damn it!" I played along with whatever he was doing.

"Don't curse! My daughter tends to curse. I haven't seen her in a while though." He gave me a lopsided grin. Oh yeah, he thinks he's the funniest guy ever. He's probably the only one with that opinion.

"Aren't you funny." I deadpanned.

"I know! Want anything to drink?" He went to the living room, expecting me to follow him.

"I'd love a coke." I told him and plopped myself on the couch.

"Great, grab me a beer while you're at it." He stretched and sat down next to me. He put his feet on the coffee table, making himself extremely comfortable.

I frowned at his comment.

"That annoyed look won't help. You're a teenager, you're always annoyed about something."  I shrugged. He was right.

I groaned while getting up to show him the labor he was putting me through and grabbed the drinks from the kitchen.

When I got back he patted the empty space next to him.

"So how was school?" He took a sip of his beer.

"How was work?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Alright, I get it." He didn't like to talk about work either, unless he had a crazy client.

"How's your mom?" Every once in a while my dad would ask about my mom and vice versa. Their divorce wasn't horrific or anything. They had actually remained friends afterwards, but my guess is that I was the reason for that. They gradually talked less and less with each other.

"She's doing well. She's seeing someone." I told him. My dad looked surprised.

"Really? What's he like?" He was curious. Even though he loved Beth, he was still concerned about my mom.

"He's British and so much better than her last husband. I've heard he's a dick." I whispered the last part as if I was gossiping with a bunch of girls.

"Apparently so is his daughter." He replied calmly.

"Touche." I shrugged. "His name's Hugh and he seems alright. She's happy."

Dad smiled. "Good."

He crossed his arms and looked stern. What had I done this time?

"I hear you have a boyfriend too." Crap.