Only two shots away from pink elephants

"Ugh this stings!" Jake whined.

The guys were cleaning their faces with makeup remover. I didn't want them to but they were threatening to hide all the food so I had no choice.

"Nice panda eyes Jake" Kate laughed. We were enjoying the guys' struggle immensely.

"You like guyliner?" Jake smirked. I snorted. I didn't even know guyliner was a word. Maybe Jake was just making things up.

Kate pushed Jake's arm "Totally but not on your baby face. I'm gonna miss the red lips on you though"

Kate winked at Jake. She was getting feisty.

This was the first time I'd seen Kate and Jake interact. I should've known they'd get along just fine. Kate could get along with the grinch and Jake just gets along with boobowners.

"Watch it Taylor Swift" We all laughed. Pretty great comeback if you'd ask me. But then again, with the amount of alcohol we'd consumed, pretty much everything would be funny.

We were easily entertained.

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in" Kate started singing in an obnoxiously loud country voice.

"So shame on me now" Jake and Kate were full on singing and let me tell you, I'm definitely not the only one that couldn't sing.

It sounded horrible.

If it weren't funny I'd probably put a sock in their mouths.

"Hey Gwen didn't you bring that karaoke game?" Jake asked with a huge grin on his face.

"Why yes, my dear friend, yes indeed." Everyone laughed when Gwen got up and stumbled graciously. Her excuse was that she got up too quickly but the girl was only two shots away from pink elephants and we all knew it.

"I think Jill should start since she's the birthday girl" Code said teasingly. That's just mean. Seriously.

"I'm not drunk enough" I moaned. Then I hiccupped. Totally unrelated okay? Not drunk. Just. No. Not drunk.

Everyone laughed.

"Whatever. Shut up" I grabbed the mic and started looking for a song.

"Ooh Barbie girl. Code, you're being Ken because karma's a bitch and no arguments, just don't fight it. You're being Ken. Period. Ew. I didn't mean period as in periods but as end of discussion. Why am I still talking?" I was rambling.

I only ramble when I'm drunk. Damn it. There's no way to hide it now.

But at least everyone believed me for a little while. Right?

"Fine I'll be the Ken to your freaking Barbie" Code sighed.

"Aw Cutie you're so romantic" I batted my eyelashes.

Chase snorted. I remembered him being enthusiastic when he found out I'd call Code Cutie sometimes. I guess he still liked that.

After that horrible rendition Gwen decided to rap Baby got back. This karaoke idea was awesome, I was getting abs from all the laughter.

The best part was when all the guys decided to sing a mushy Backstreet Boys song. They were all in character. That's dedication.

All of a sudden Chase came up to me, grabbed me by the shoulders and his face went to my neck. I didn't really know what he was doing until he backed away again after a few seconds.

"Thanks for the candy" He winked.

I closed my mouth because it had been open the entire time. I was really shocked. My hand went towards my neck and then everything clicked.