A duck sniffing a dog's hiney

The world could be so weird sometimes.

You know when you're a kid you'd look at the clouds and see things in it? If you didn't, you obviously had a horrible childhood.

I never stopped looking at the clouds. Right now I was looking at a duck sniffing a dog's hiney. I'm not sure but I feel like the dog's enjoying it. That's what dogs do right? Sniff butts? Does that mean they like to get sniffed too?

The weather seemed nice if you ignored the suggestive clouds. Further in the distance the clouds were grey. I could already smell the rain.

I was hoping for a storm. Storms had always had a relaxing effect on me. Is that weird? Probably.

"What are you thinking about?" Kate asked me. We were in Biology.

"Sniffing butts and thunderstorms." I shrugged.

Kate tried her best not to laugh. "So, the usual then?"

"Exactly. Did your fiance drive you today 'cause I could give you a ride back." I suggested, having the thunderstorm in the back of my mind. I was heading to my dad's place anyway. She rolled her eyes at my fiance comment. Obviously they weren't engaged but they were pretty serious.

"I'm hanging out with friends after school. Not long though, since you're coming over. Oli misses you." Kate had an accusing look on her face. I hadn't seen my dad in a while.

By in a while I mean a little over a week. My dad tends to overreact. He texted me earlier today to ask if his estranged daughter was coming over.

"Aw, I miss Oli too." I cooed. It felt weird calling my dad by his nickname. His name's Oliver and sometimes I'd call him Liver just to bug him. He'd always respond by calling me Jillian, even though that's not even my name.

After the bell rang I said goodbye to Kate and headed towards my car.

"Weekend!" Snake came up to me with a wide grin on his face.

"Dude... it's Thursday." I looked concerned. I had just crushed his dreams by telling him it wasn't Friday. The moment he realised what I just said his face fell. Poor guy.

"I was so sure it was Friday." I almost couldn't cope with the sadness in his eyes.

I patted his shoulder "There there. Tomorrow you can say it again and it will be true!" I tried to cheer him up.

Snake didn't care about that. Right now, he was cursing Thursday to the deepest pits of hell.

"But... but I wanted to make plans for tonight. Because... weekend." Snake pouted. He was as big as a bear with a heart of gold.

"We'll hang out tomorrow, alright?" I was biting my lip so I wouldn't laugh. This situation was just ridiculous.

"You said that last week but you were too 'occupied' all of a sudden." He smiled. Great, he cheered up just so he could make fun of me. Remember what I just said about his golden heart? Yeah, scratch that.

Gwen had asked me on Monday why I couldn't make it. I never got the chance to reply 'cause they'd figured it out by just looking at my face.

Jake was amused, Gwen asked for details and Code had covered his ears with his hands singing 'lalala that's my brother I don't wanna hear it.'. So, in short, Monday was hell.

"Shut up." I slapped Snake. Apparently not hard enough 'cause he had started laughing even louder.

"I'd love to hear you laugh at my expense but I need to get going." My voice was laced with sarcasm.