I swear her ovaries just exploded

"You're kicking me out of my own house next weekend?" My mom feigned shock. It was Saturday and next Friday would be my birthday.

"Exactly. Unless you wanna join us?" I was bluffing. My mom got along fine with my friends but I knew she'd give me my privacy. She always did.

My dad is a little more apprehensive. He doesn't really believe that the guys are just friends. Then he starts ranting about the fact that he was once a teenage boy too and blah blah blah. My mom sometimes teases me by guessing who I should end up with but she's never serious about that. I hope.

"Tempting but I'd rather drink with people my own age than some horny teenagers. I'll have a girls night with some friends, you have fun and don't break anything, are we clear?" Have fun and be careful. Those were the rules my mom had. Pretty awesome, right? I never really had a curfew or anything.

"I promise and it's only Friday night. We might even go out, I don't know. I don't really have anything planned." If Code hadn't told me I wouldn't have noticed it was my birthday until the day itself or something. Needless to say I had no idea what we were going to do. Just hanging out with friends is all the fun I need I guess.

Oh gross, I'm getting mushy.

"Alright but promise me we'll get a night for ourselves before I have to leave" My mom had to leave to Europe for her presentation a few days after my birthday and she'd be staying for a week. Maybe longer. I'd told her to take a little vacation to celebrate since she'd be in Europe anyway and she was looking into it.

I wanted to say something but someone was at the door. My mom opened the door. "Your hair seems so fluffy! Can I touch it?" I guess Gwen was here.

We were going out in a few hours. Jake had asked me because he needed a wingman. Snake and Code had plans so he had turned to us. It wasn't the first time.

Apparently female wingmen - eh, wingwomen? - were more effective. We have more credibility. I just say we have more talent.

So Gwen and I were going to get ready and then we were walking to Jake's place. He lives closest to Cambridge so we were crashing there tonight. I had to remember to ask him to give me his key because let's be honest here, it wasn't certain he'd sleep at his own place tonight.

And even with Gwen it wasn't certain so I'd be the keykeeper.

"Wanna come with us tonight?" I heard Gwen ask my mom. That's my cue to intervene. Going out with my mom? Great! Going to a frat party with my mom? Oh God no.

"I think I'll pass" I headed to the door where the conversation was happening.

"Come on, you're totally a milf. When's the last time you had a guy in your bed?" Okay. Too far. I did not need to hear about that.

"Gwen. Just... no" She turned around and smiled when she saw me staring at her with a horrified look on my face.

"Too long but that doesn't mean I'm desperate" My mom shrugged. It's true, the last guy she'd brought home was Mike and that was two years ago I think? He was a dickhead anyway.

"Ooh maybe in Europe you can-" Gwen started talking while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Nope! We're not talking about my mom's sex life okay I'm not drunk enough" I grabbed her arm and started to push her towards the stairs.

"Then let's talk about yours, it's pretty nonexistent too you know" My mom snorted at Gwen's comment.

"Oh really? I hadn't noticed" I rolled my eyes and we went upstairs.

"Your mom's so cool. If I'd have that kind of conversation with my own mom she'd flip out. I think she wants to believe I'm saving myself for marriage" We burst out laughing. Gwen was anything but a sweet innocent girl.