Brainfarts everywhere

I woke up from my nap when I heard a pencil drop. Stupid loud pencils. It took me a few seconds to recognise my surroundings. Right, detention.

My first week of detention was ending today and let me tell you, it sucked. There's a reason why school ends when it ends. It's to prevent people to go crazy.

Staying longer than necessary? Yeah, not healthy. Detention was boring.

I looked around. The teacher was sleeping again. He was snoring a little, the poor guy must've had a tough day. He was leaning his hand against his cheek and it looked like his head could fall on the desk any minute now.

I was already looking forward to that.

There weren't a lot of people in detention. I think there might be a pattern. On Monday a lot of people get detention but on Friday they tend to behave because, you know, weekend.

All of the people sitting here were familiar faces. The same people got detention over and over so we rarely saw a fresh face. When we did see someone new, it was pretty obvious though. They'd look around the room in fear and make homework as if their lives depended on it.

Those were probably the people that accidently forgot their homework or were late a few times too often. The innocent ones.

Then you had the familiar faces. Code and I were now part of them. This past week, Ben had been here every day too. It's like he enjoys being here. Weird.

He always asks everyone why they're in detention. It reminds me of jail when people ask you what your crime is. Not that I've ever been to jail. I'm still a minor.

I mean, I'm a good kid, why would I have ever been to jail?

Just imagine me batting my eyelashes right now.

Gross.

I'd learned that Ben was quite the character. He had very curly brown hair, brown eyes and a lot of freckles on his nose. The freckles were cute, they made him look like a little boy sometimes. I can imagine he hates them.

Probably just as much as Code hates having a cute face.

Men and their egos.

Last Friday Ben had told us he'd earned himself a detention because he had tripped a teacher. He had told us there wasn't any proof but they had just assumed it was him.

Just to be clear, it was him.

A few days ago he had told us that he had to read out loud in class so he took it very literally. He was pretty much screaming. Again the same result; detention.

I found myself looking forward to his reasons. He's an inspirational person really, I mean someone should appreciate his creativity.

Today he got detention because he had accused a teacher of farting. Apparently he stood up to open a window in the middle of class and when the teacher asked him what he was doing he had said that he couldn't bare the smell anymore.

The funny thing is that Tasha was in that class and she had looked a little scared, probably thinking Ben was talking about her. Amazing.

The teacher asked Ben what stench he was talking about and Ben had said in a straight face that he was talking about the teacher's farts and then continued to ask him about what he had eaten last night.

Then he continued by telling a story about the time he ate too much Chipotle and he could understand the teacher's pain but to try to contain it anyway.

Apparently the teacher got really red and embarrassed and because teachers often can't handle the situation the right way, they yell detention. It's like a defensive mechanism.