•13•

Y/n POV:

It has been three days since Hiro died, Mateo's farther met me and we've agreed on  a wedding date. I got the news form Mateo's dad that my mother is sick with the flu and will not be able to come. Which I'm thankful for, I don't want my mum seeing me getting married to one of the monsters that killed my farther.

Mateo has been a nightmare, he won't let me go or do anything by myself. Everywhere he goes I have to go too. I know he's only trying to keep his word when he agreed to take care of me when Hiro died, but there has to be a line between taking care and becoming paranoid.

"Y/n, come on, we better go to dinner." Mateo said gently picking me up by wrapping his hand around my body. I only gave a sigh in response.

We arrived at the dining room, and all was quite until Clyde and Mateo's farther walked in.

"Ah, son, Clyde was wondering if he could spend sometime with your bride." Mateo's farther said addressing him.

"We are going to be family." Clive added with a sick smile. Mateo gulped and hesitantly agreed, sending me into shock.

Clyde POV:

I finally had time with my princess. There was no way that Mateo could've said no without looking selfish, which was perfect.

Thankfully dinner went by quickly and before I knew it I was sitting at my desk with my beautiful princess in my grasp, she was calling for help, and no one could hear over the locked door of my bedroom. Even though I was happy to have her with me the fact that she called for help while in my presence made my heart shatter.

"Stop struggling, princess." Y/n, of course, didn't listen. Her attitude was actually testing my patience. "Looks like I'm going to have to punish you." I said before throwing her into her old cage and locking the door.

~A few hours later~

I was woken up by a sobbing sound coming from Y/n's cage, I slowly got out of bed and wandered over to it. I saw Y/n with tears running down the small face, hugging herself in the corner of the cage. Feeling guilty, I unlocked the cage and carried her over to my bed before lying down on my side and setting her beside me.

"Shh, it's okay." I cooed.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Y/n yelled, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm never going to leave you alone, EVER. Get that through you skull." I retorted gently tapping her head.

"I don't want to be near a monster!" These words struck a nerve within me.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have saved that useless peasant, but I'm glad you did."