Chapter 12 | Hidden Gems

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 12 | Hidden Gems

Barcelona, Spain

We spent more than 2 hours in La Sagrada Familia and boredom really didn't come to visit me. I wonder why. Marc always keeping me company which was a good thing.

"Isn't your tummy asked for food yet? We are way past lunch time." He glanced over the watch around his wrist.

"Ah, I forget," I chuckled, "Let's go then. You pick the restaurant. I don't know which serve the best food here."

He nodded and lead me out of Sagrada Familia. We headed to Buenas Migas Sagrada Familia, the restaurant he picked. It was a nearby restaurant.

We took a seat on the corner. I thought Marc would like to have some privacy since he was out without Jose and Alex. A waiter came to take our order. He gave us the menu and I started reading it. I really terrible at making food decision when I was away from home. So I doubled what Marc had ordered. Good thing he like only a-little-bit of spicy food.

He gave me a look. But I had a feeling it was about the order. "What? I don't like taking risk. And also I'm terrible at making decision."

"Okay, I think I get it," He smiled, "So any places you've visited?"

"I came here last night straight to hotel. Began my journey this morning. Las ramblas and Sagrada Familia also here. I guess that's all," I answered, "How's your parents and Alex?"

"They're good. How about yours?"

"They're fine as always."

"What's on your list?" He questioned. I took the wanderlust twins from my backpack and hand it to him. He openned it to the Barcelona section. "I'm glad you use the backpack," He said without looking, his eyes still glued to the book. "Yeah, it's pretty useful."

"Don't you want to visit Magic Fountain of Montjuic? They held a show tonight," He looked at me.

"Sure, it'll be great," I agreed, "This is my first time here and I only list the must-visit-place based on the internet."

"Good thing you met me. you'll miss many hidden gems if you stuck with this list," He smiled widely at me. The waiter came with our foods. Marc set aside my book to his right. "Do you have any pen?"

I nodded and handed him my pen. "We can set time for each destination."

He listed every must-visit-place in Barcelona while I just stared at him. Did he really willing to help? Shouldn't he be bored with this kind of things? I felt so happy and touched by everything he had done for me. they melted my heart. I only find silly yet kind Spaniard with good personality.

"Does my handsome appearance really interest you now?"

"Nope," I said. There's no doubt that my face was as red as cherry.