Chapter-12

Smriti's POV-

" Just so you know, we are flying to New York for the engagement. It is a very hush-hush affair, but I am not compromising on the wedding." Mia said.

" New York? When are we flying there?" I asked.

" Tomorrow." Mumma said.

" Do you really think that Sanjay sir will let me take a leave on such a short notice?" I asked.

" He will have no option. You see, your presence is mandatory in our engagement." Mr Grey said with authority.

As much as I wanted to roll my eyes, I could not. Why do these young billionaires think that they can control everything? I mean, one cannot simply mess with Sanjay sir. Also, another reason to not roll my eyes was my mother, who would lecture me for hours for my simple action.

" Let me call sir and talk to him. Also, I have to at least inform Mansi and Lakshya about this." I said.

Papa nodded understandingly. He is the only one who does. My hitler mom will never understand my work because of the danger associated with it.

" Excuse me." I said and left the living room to go to the lawn.

" Sir, can I get 5 days leave?" I asked, as soon as he took the call.

" What is the reason?" He asked sternly.

" Engagement." I said.

" That means you will resign soon. Pity, that we will lose such an officer." He said.

" Who said anything about leaving sir? I will take up the New York mission. I will have to shift to NY after the wedding." I said.

" Finally we got a candidate who volunteered for it. The same team will be assigned to you and all of you will go to NY." He said.

" Okay sir. And about the leave?" I asked.

" Ms Sharma, since it is in such a short notice, I cannot help it but ask you to come to the headquarters till Wednesday, that is day after tomorrow because there is an mission discussion explicitly. Some of you will have to leave for Iraq in the coming week. Other details will be intimated to you tomorrow." He said.

" Okay sir." I said.

" I am sorry Ms Sharma, but you signed for this when you joined RAW. There is nothing more important than the country." Sir said.

" I know sir and I understand. Jai Hind." I said.

" Jai Hind." He said and hung up.

I went back inside.

" Aap log kal jao. Mai Wednesday se pehele kahi nhi jaa sakti. ( You guys can leave tomorrow. My presence is required here till Wednesday.)." I said.

No one except my parents and grandma understood anything.

" Kuch zaroori kaam hai beta? ( It there something urgent child?)" Grandma asked.

I nodded. She looked on sadly.

" Smriti, you are coming with us tomorrow. There is no room for arguement." Mumma said.

" Mumma, you know I can't. This is what I have signed up for."
 I said.

" Will anyone tell me what is happening?" Mia demanded.

" Nothing much Mia, we all are leaving for New York tomorrow. Smriti will join us on Thursday." Grandma said.

" Not fair. I wanted to spend time with you." Mia whined like a baby.

" Mia, don't worry. Once I come there, we will spend lot's of time together." I said.