Asap Ferg (Jalynn)

Dedicated To: JalynnMckinney

Kory

I walked up to the door and knocked. I stood there for about a minute and then the door opened. I smiled as I looked up at his face. He smiled back.

"Wassup Kory." He beamed.

I hugged him and stepped inside the house. "Wassup."

"You know I gave you a key for a reason, right?" He said as you two sat on the couch.

"Yeah. But I've decided to only use it for emergencies. It'll feel weird just barging in here."

He chuckled and shook his head. "You wanna wake her up or you want me to do it."

"You do it. I don't feel like getting up."

He laughed and got up from the couch and went upstairs. I just sat on the couch and looked around at the familiar house. About five minutes later, I heard tiny little footsteps. "Mama." I heard from below me. I smiled and looked down at my four year old god daughter, Amaya.

About five years ago, my best friend Jaden, got pregnant. During her pregnancy everything went fine and she was healthy. About two or three weeks before she was due, she got really sick. Everybody thought she was gonna be fine when she gave birth, but when she had Amaya, she ended up dying from her body not being able to take the pressure.

When she died, it effected me a lot. Jaden had been my best friend since middle school. We had planned on finishing school and opening up our own beauty and nail shop together. The scary part about it, is she knew what was going to happen to her.

Me and Jaden sat at Waffle House laughing and talking. We were catching up because we both were busy with our jobs.

"You did not say that to her." I laughed

"Yes. I did. She walked in there slamming shit on the counter and popping an attitude thinking she was gonna get shit for free. She had the wrong one today." Jaden said then took a sip of her lemonade.

"I can't with you." I laughed. I caught my breathe from laughing and took a bite of my sausage.

"Kory, can you promise me something?" She said as she played with her food.

"Anything. Wassup?"

"If anything happens to me, I want you to look after my babygirl."

I chuckled a little bit. "Jay, nothing is going to happen to you."

She sighed. "I don't know K, I've been having this bad feeling lately."

I grabbed her hand. "You're gonna be fine Jay."

A tear slipped down my cheek as I thought back to that day.

"Why you cry?" Amaya said as she wiped my cheek.

I slightly smiled as I looked at her, she looked exactly like Jaden. "Nothing. Let's go have some fun."

She clapped her hands. "Yay, fun. "

I smiled as I got off the couch with her on my hip.

"Darold!" I called.

I saw him come out the kitchen with his mouth stuffed with bread. "Wassup."

"We bout to head out. Am I dropping her off here or am I taking her to Miss. Rose's house."

He swallowed the bread he had in his mouth. "Drop her off at my mom's house, I gotta work an early shift tomorrow."

I nodded. "Alright. I'll stop by later for our late night tea."