Chapter 26 - The world of silence

"My name is Daisy and I am the Princess of Sarasaland. At least, that's what I used to be. What I want now is to be in Yoshi's arms. I need Yoshi, I need his warmth. I need his touch. How long have I been in a relationship with Yoshi, exactly? I can't say for certain, but it's been long enough for me to realize it's someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. Oh, Yoshi... Where are you now? Where am I now? Could this be death? I can't see anything. A place where nothing exists is ugly. I don't like it. I want to return to Sarasaland. I want to have fun with Yoshi and everyone else in the ever-lively Mushroom Kingdom. I want to go kart-racing. I want to have parties with enhanced game boards. I wanna play tennis, and golf, and soccer, and basketball. I wanna participate in Olympic games again. I don't want my life story to end this ridiculously. Yoshi... Yoshi! Hurry up and come to my rescue! Take me home, where I belong. I tried so hard to move on, I lied to myself I could go on without you Yoshi, Mario, Peach, Luigi, Toad, Donkey Kong, Bowser... far away from Mushroom world. That was a lie I lived in for these several days I spent inside that illusion.

...

...

...

I don't want it to be the end. I wanna go home."

...

"I'm Scar. That's not my real name. I threw it away, along with my old identity. I have no family, I have no relatives, I have no friends. I'm all by myself. Why am I known as Scar now? It's because of scars that are imprinted all over my body. The scars and my name, Scar, serve as a grim reminder that this world is one piece of crap. Sometimes, my mind wanders on its own into my childhood. That's when I wonder, whose memories am I carrying? Surely, those must be the memories of some other boy, a boy who lived in a warm, little, yellow house, a boy who went to school and had so many friends, even though he was always so quiet and reserved. The teacher, a sweet, chubby, blonde woman with glasses, was like a second mother to the entire class. He despised getting up early in the morning to go to school though. He'd rather stay and nuzzle under the blanket, in his bed.

That boy liked to sneak away into the forest, with his friends, even though they were all strictly forbidden from venturing into the supposedly dangerous forest, but that was only making it more fun. Of course they all got in trouble once because of that.

Friends... He relied on his friends a little too much. If only he weren't such a weakling, his friends wouldn't have had to protect him all the time.

The boy had girls he liked, but he never had courage to approach any of them... that is, until she appeared. She absolutely had to be his, and nobody else's.

And then, the world decided to hit the boy with a cold whip.

The carefree days came to an end... and the boy disappeared, as if he never existed.

I'll never forgive this filthy world for killing off that boy. I will hate it from the bottom of my heart until my very last breath...

...

...which seems to be now."

...

"My name is Yuuji, my last name is Sanae.

...

Heh...

So, this is it, then? I died like a dog. Well... not that it matters. I lived like a dog, it's obvious I'd die like one.

Heheheh... This is great, actually. Now I don't need to hate anyone anymore. Heh...

I guess, in the end, it's the same for everyone. Rich, poor, drunk, sober, happy, sad, good, bad... when they die, it's all over.