Chapter 21 - Will of Ataraxia

Reyman walked into a dark room, where the only source of light was illuminating over a pompous bed, on which the sleeping beauty, Princess Saya was sleeping on. Reyman waited a little before approaching the bed, and just then noticing Toosaka Rin on the other side.

By seeing the girl with pigtails, the laugh came out by itself. "I should've known it was you. Your memories have now completely recovered, I take it?"

Rin huffed playfully, before approaching Reyman in a cocky attitude. "I found the memory capsule you 'hid' in front of my bed before leaving to Memory field, but honestly, Reyman, what exactly was the point of erasing the memories? What do you think you can accomplish by postponing, exactly?"

"Rin, as a vice-general of Army of Ataraxia, I'm sure you are aware of two important facts. First, our task is to assassinate Princess Saya, but to do that, we must pass Wolf O'Donnell first." Reyman said while staring into Princess Saya's face the entire time.

Rin couldn't understand whether Reyman was acting ignorant or what. "Explain me the issue, please. Princess Saya is right here and there is absolutely no way for Wolf to find this place. Let's just stab her now, for God's sake." Rin stated on the quite obvious fact, even though she suspected for some gimmick to be getting in their way, and she thought correctly.

"Seems like your memory is still in the process of returning, if you can't remember that in order to kill Princess Saya, Wolf needs to be murdered first." Reyman ran across Princess Saya's face with his sleeve. ("She is beautiful... Very beautiful...")

Rin didn't really like to admit she was wrong, but she just did remember that Wolf and Saya made a pledge together. "Yeah, I remember now... Wolf gave his heart to Princess Saya... literally." She got goosebumps while thinking of that.

Reyman ran his sleeve over Saya's partly exposed cleavage, and then turned to the girl in red. "That's right, so, as long as Wolf is alive, Princess Saya is invincible. Although, I'm surprised it worked, since what they performed was a taboo ritual that fails in 99,9% cases, yet somehow, they managed to turn the odds in their favor."

Rin wondered what kind of romantic bond do Wolf and Saya actually share. They loved each other so much, it was intimidating for her. "I just wonder... If Wolf is the one who gave his heart to her... Shouldn't it be the other way around? If Saya is killed, Wolf would get killed instantly?"

"No." Reyman shook his head. "Wolf's heart is still connected to his body, but is beating inside Princess Saya and serving as a shield to her own heart. Although... This is not something I managed to confirm, but I'd say Wolf is not aware of that yet.

Rin sighed and spread her fingers above Princess Saya's head, causing the an AT shield to be formed around the bed. After that, Rin started disappearing into the darkness.

Rin: Just tell me, what drove you to stop playing friends with Wolf?

Reyman: I never did manage to play friends with him. Wolf is fixated on Princess Saya only, he wouldn't let anyone get close to him. Besides, Princess Saya apparently told him about Army of Ataraxia and to tell the truth, I was getting nowhere by pretending to be on his side.

Rin: Pathetic... What do you plan to do with others? And I assume you didn't find the other four who are still stuck inside Memory field?

Reyman: Others will ally with Wolf, obviously. As for finding those four, obviously we need to snag them before the others do.

Rin: I was going to do that even without you telling me to. I'm off.

Reyman watched Rin leave. He admires how cocky and self-confident she was. However, that alone wouldn't be near enough to get rid of Wolf O'Donnell. "Wolf loves Saya so much, it's frightening."