Chapter 25 - Darkness overtake

"Man, where the hell could've those two disappeared?" Daisy is observing her surroundings from atop a stair-shaped island. "They should've at least told something." She sighed hopelessly, convincing herself those two have not fallen in any kind of danger.

"Sch! When they come back, I'm gonna teach them a lesson for making me worry this much! I mean, if you were going on a date, you should've said so, damn it! What are we, grade schoolers!?" Just then, however, Daisy noticed a black dot on the sky. Actually, it was not exactly a dot (anymore). It was a small black disk that seemed to have a barely visible spiral circling around it.

Clearly, the disk stood out in the sky, and it didn't seem like good news. "Ok, so what the hell is that?"

And then someone grabbed her shoulder, surprising her a little bit.

It was Scar.

"Daisy, come with me for a moment" Scar said.

"You found those two?" Daisy asked, even though she could tell he did not.

"No, there's not a trace from either of them, but I did find someone else." Not wanting to waste any more time, Scar crossed onto the nearest island, populated by oversized fruits.

"Hey, wait for me!" Daisy ran after Scar, who didn't bother waiting for her.

Scar, too, has noticed the black disk on the sky, even before Daisy did, but wasn't really interested in what it could be. Like always, if there was a battle to be fought, he would fight.

"Scar, where are we going?" Daisy observed the oversized fruits, wondering if they can be eaten like their normal-sized counterparts. Not looking where she was going, she bumped into Scar, who stood before two unconscious creatures, a giant eagle with monstrous wings and a purple child dragon. "Eh?" Looking at the dragon, Daisy could swear she saw him somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom before.

"Reyman mentioned at one point there are four more of them lost inside the Memory field. These must be the two of them." Scar immediately concluded.

Daisy thought that as well, but another thing came to her mind. "Wait, I know Reyman mentioned he's the only remaining resident of Lumieris, if us newbies aren't counted, but hey... is it possible the entire Memory field is empty?????" She got chills all of a sudden.

Scar smirked at that. "If that's what you're worried about, be at ease. You see, when I ran into these two, I was attacked by a horde of shadow-looking monsters."

"What?" Daisy didn't like what she heard and she got even more worried about Shuichi and Toadette.

"I'll explain, although it was no big deal, they were all small fries" Scar sounded like he was showing off, but he wasn't, not at all, because 'she' wasn't there and he had nobody to impress. He was envious of Wolf in that part. "Let's take these two to the tower first."

"Ah, yeah, you're right! Seems like they got hurt!" When Scar mentioned the shadowy beings, Daisy almost forgot about the eagle and the dragon. Honestly, she felt somewhat ashamed of how inconsiderate she could be sometimes. "Let me help you carry those two."

Scar stopped Daisy, who was going to pick up the dragon. "You go on. I'll carry the both of them." Scar's tone clearly stated he was not in the mood to argue about it.

Daisy made a grimace. "Ah, dude... In case you can't see, this eagle is so large, I bet he could carry us both on his back."

"Let's make something clear." Scar walked over to one gigantic strawberry that was the thrice size of him, while Daisy observed, resting her hands on her hips, waiting to see what was Scar planning to do.