“Yeah my usual pizza, the special with ham and garlic potatoes, yeah rush it” Dante spoke “what my tab? Ah don’t sweat the small stuff, soon I’ll pay you for everything I owe you and oh yeah no olives and be sure to make it a large. Don’t forget”

Dante threw the phone down, which ‘dinged’ loudly and flicked through the magazine as Morrison sighed as I walked over to the sofas and sat myself down on the one furthest away from the stairs with a plonk

“Are you listening to me Dante?”

“Didn’t you hear me Morrison? I’m studying, I may take the occasional odd job here and there, but I have no desire to babysit some brat” he continued as Morrison shook his head

“Brat?” Patty questioned as she tapped the symbol on the drum kit before wandering around again, Dante placed the magazine on the desk before getting up and walking over to the pool table and picking up the cue and chalked it with the blue chalk and set up the balls and broke them by hitting the white ball at them.

“Sorry young lady but maybe in ten years or so, I’ll ask you out on a date”

I sniggered as Patty glared and turned away disgusted

“And I’d tell you no in ten seconds, me i’m only into younger guys”

A smile grew onto my fact as I listened to the little girl; her high pitched squeaky kind of voice slightly echoing into the office of Devil May Cry. That’s when it hit me. The anime would be playing out right in front of my eyes and Lady had pretty much made me a part of it! Patty wandered over to the now empty desk and perched herself on the chair before her azure eyes landed on the photo of Eva. The young girl just blinked before listening again to Morrison and Dante.

“Listen to me Dante, this kid… oh I’m sorry, young lady, here is Patty Lowell, the Cinderella girl and heiress to the Lowell family fortune” Morrison spoke as he got a drink out of the mini fridge, sitting on the sofa next to me, his voice had a hint of sarcasm in it when he apologised for calling Patty a kid. Dante scoffed slightly before keeping his attention on the pool table.

“Kind of like Cinderella after the magic wore off, but doesn’t look like it”

“She’s been living in an orphanage and actually it’s the opposite, the head of the Lowell family passed away recently, during the reading of the will, a illegitimate child came to light and our lucky winner was miss Lowell here”

“And what do you want me to do about it?”

“Miss Lowell here has been requested to be at the Lowell family house for six pm tomorrow”

“Not doing it”

Dante sighed, grumbling as he spoke, Morrison smirked before speaking in quite a mocking voice to the devil hunter. Patty giggled speaking before Morrison, Dante speaking after her quickly.

“If you like I can make you my very own personal servant!”

“Yeah right and I’m not doing it, I’ve got a pizza on the way”

“There won’t be any pizza, I stopped by at the pizza place and told them, until you pay your tab in full, there not to deliver a single pizza to you, capeche?”

“Bastard, what right do you have too—“

Dante stopped, looking at Morrison as he flicked a coin in the air, a small smile growing on my lips as I watched the scene fold out in front of me. Absolutely brilliant, I really was part of the anime. And Dante was going to lose the bet. I already knew he was going too.

“Shit, not again”

“If you win, I’ll pay your tab in full but if you lose—“

“Fine… I know the routine, heads”

Morrison grinned as he moved his hand, chuckling to himself, Dante glaring as he grabbed his coat from the coat hook, Patty standing and followed him, Morrison turned to me suddenly as we both stood up. He looked curiously at me before nodding to me.

“And who are you miss?”

“Oh, Masumi, sir, your Mr. Morrison? I presume”

“Yes, are you Dante’s relative?”

“No! No… we’re acquaintances, his friend Lady made a bet with him and he’s stuck with me for this job, I don’t know what she’s up too though”

Morrison nodded simply taking in the information as I walked over to Dante as he slipped his jacket on; I bit my lip and slipped his wallet in his pocket then smiled at him then to Patty. The little blonde girl walked outside Devil May Cry with me, she raised an eyebrow then crossed her arms, speaking a highly questioning like voice.

“Are you Dante’s girlfriend?”

I blushed furiously; I was hardly friends with the guy! Not his bloody girlfriend! I shook my head to the little girl, turning away from her then stepped away a bit. She watched me carefully as I glanced up at the sky then looked down at the road. I blinked as a hazy blonde woman stood with a silver haired man. The woman waved at me then started to walk off with the man. I glanced to Patty, telling her to wait there before walking towards they were, once I peered around the corner they headed down. They’d gone. Completely gone and disappeared,  not even in the distance. I didn’t have a clue who they were, they seemed to know me though. That was for sure.

“Masumi!”

I heard Dante shout from down the path, I nodded and paced down the walkway again, Patty sitting in backseat of the red car, the furrowed brow on her face showed that Dante had shoved her in the back with his guitar case. He patted the passenger seat, telling me to sit there, I got in as he put the key in the ignition, my eyes trailing back to the place where the couple had been standing, closing the door and put my seatbelt on. Patty grumbled something about the car smelling funky but Dante and I just ignored it as we sped off up the road. Maybe this would be an adventure? Could be the worst thing that also ever happened to me.