Virgil (Ch.2)

"Virgil Why?" "Don't look."  "It was like a knife to the heart." "Listen to me." "Virgil, I loved you and you broke my heart." "VIRGIL!" "Your dreams are never just dreams." "Pay attention to everything in them."

I woke up with a start staring over at the wall beside me. What is going on with my dreams lately? I slowly get up, trying hard not to wake Marcos up. I went to the kitchen and grabbed some toast, running to the study before anyone could catch me in there.  It was something I used to do all the time with Roman. We would sneak into the kitchen and grab a cookie before Patton could catch us. He always knew when there was a cookie missing, but he would never scold us for it.

I sighed and sat at the desk. Papers were littered around the place. Pictures of suspected spies trying to get intel about this kingdom. It's only been a few weeks since all that happened and yet they're acting like they're on Defcon 5. Have I declared war? No, not as far as I'm aware. War is bloody battle where no one actually wins. The only reward death, pain, and hate. The only lasting effect is the constant fear. Besides if there was another war Thomas would get hurt. I can't let that happen.

"Virgil help me!" "This shit keeps trying to get in the way of us." "I'm his friend." "Your nothing." "Virgil!" "Son!" "I can't breathe." "You're having an attack."

I gripped my head in pain and tried to even out my breaths. What is going on with me? I felt someone start to rub circle on my back like Patton used to and I relaxed. When it disappeared, I looked up to see who it was but saw nothing but a tray of coffee. I couldn't help but smile. At least he's still here. I don't know If I can do it alone. 

That day I was just so angry... I let my powers take over and I said so many things. I threw Deceit into a wall. If I hadn't done something he could have gotten hurt. And Roman, the look in his eyes broke my heart. Of course, I broke his so... I am such a shitty person. All because I could control my temper, and what a monstrous one at that.

"Good morning." Marcos walked in with his cup of tea, sitting in his usual chair. "You feeling ok?"

"Not really I've my dreams have been a bit, I don't how to explain it. And It seems to have spilled to when I awake to... I don't know what's going on."

"Well don't ignore them." Marcos took a sip of his tea and opened his newspaper.

"Why shouldn't I ignore them?"

"Because your dreams are never just dreams. You should pay attention to everything in them." Wait what did he just say? I sat there looking at the desk. He said what was... This is insane.

"You ignore your dreams all the time, saying that they're stupid."

"Yeah but I'm not the oracle." I was about to say something when the door opened and a young man walked in with another tray.

"I forgot to bring you muffins earlier." I smiled as he put the muffins on the tray with the coffee and took the muffin tray with him as he headed for the door. I tried to say something but my thoughts went jumbled and nothing came out. I watched as the door closed behind him, the man never once looking back. It probably for the best. After what I did, I'm surprised he's even here in the first place.

"Ok! What did you mean by that?" I asked when I finally pulled myself from my thoughts.

"By what?"

"The Oracle thing." Marcos looked at me weird, and I shrunk into myself.

"You mean you haven't noticed. I figured it out when we were in the western base."

"Figured what out?"

"That you're the Oracle... You would tell me about these weird dreams you were having and I noticed that they were coming true." I was so confused. My head started spinning again as images came to my mind. I doubled over in pain and cried out. If it is true and I am the Oracle, the universe is really trying to tell me something.

"Why Virgil? I thought you... You loved me...."

"Virgil what did you do?"

"Vir..gil...I.did...it.for...us."

"VIRGIL!"

"Don't look."

"This shit has it coming."

"Virgil help me!"

"Virgil, what's going on? Are you ok?" Marcos was yelling in the background but my eyes were focused on the man in the doorway. He had a look of pure horror and worry. I don't know what it keeps telling me but... I do know one thing. 

Deceit needs to get as far from here as he can get.