Hazel clapped once he was done, and that seemed to startle him, but he decided to be friendly by bowing and laughing; his laugh sounded more like a giggle.

"That was really good," Hazel complimented, walking towards the counter and placing the two cd's lightly on it.

"No, not really," the boy shook his head, not completely convinced.

"Yes, it was," she continued, "You're really good at singing."

"I'm no singer," he explained, "I just drum, and I think I'm fairly good at that."

"Maybe consider joining a band?" Hazel suggested, tilting her head.

"I'm already in a band," the boy smiled, scanning the two cd's and telling Hazel the price to it.

She placed a few coins on the counter and said, "Oh, are you?"

"Yes, I am," he said proudly, giving Hazel her change back and the plastic bag containing the cd's she had just purchased.

"How many members are in that band of yours?" questioned Hazel, arching an eyebrow upwards.

"Three, including myself," he answered, smiling, "But we're holding band auditions in a few weeks."

"Maybe I should join," Hazel joked, "But then again, I'm talentless."

"I doubt that," the boy in the counter said, a large smile tugging on his lips, two dimples popping up, "I'm Ashton."

"Hazel," she said, shaking his hand.

"I must say, Hazel," Ashton smiled, "You have quite a fantastic taste in music."

"Thank you," nodded Hazel.

-

Ashton and Hazel hung out at the music store for an hour, until his shift ended. They instantly became friends, which was the reason they had decided to spend more time together at a small coffee shop near the record shop.

Ashton was extremely friendly and quite funny, as well. He always seemed to be cracking jokes and never asked questions too personal, and Hazel liked that. They both sat at a small table in the middle of the cafe, with two drinks set in front of them.

"I really have to go," sighed Hazel, getting up from the table, but her hand was tugged by Ashton who had a frown set upon his lips.

"You can't leave me," he fake cried, "I'll be so lonely and bored."

"Too bad," smirked Hazel, pulling her hand away from Ashton's grasp and walking away.

"Wait, wait," Ashton yelled, getting up and running towards Hazel, tripping over several chairs on his way, "Give me your number so I can call you."

"No," Hazel shook her head.

"Why not?" Ashton asked, a bored look on his face as he was unamused at how childish she was acting.

"I don't really have a reason," she stuck her tongue out, digging through her purse and passing her phone to Ashton, who spent a few seconds typing in his phone number, then giving her phone back.

"Hey, would you like to come to one of our band practices or something?" Ashton said, a hopeful smile on his face.

"Just text me when your practice is and I'll have to check my extremely busy schedule," Hazel said sarcastically.

"Okay, cool," Ashton said, pulling Hazel in for a hug, "I'll see you soon, man."

"Bye!" Hazel yelled out, walking out the small coffee shop, instantly feeling attacked by the strong winds. She hugged herself as she shuffled along the streets, continuously sneezing and coughing. To make matters worst, she felt a small rain drop on her shoulder, which made her look up, her eyes widening at the sight of the dark cloud-covered sky.

"Shit," she muttered under her breathe, running to the apartment building, which was quite close, but still cautious not to slip.

The rain wasn't very strong, just a drizzle, and Hazel was thankful for that, because when she was finally inside the building, she was not wet from top to toe, but she was still cold.

Hazel went inside her apartment, with her father nowhere to be seen. She was too tired to call him up and ask where he was, and wasn't even interested in that either, all she wanted to do right now is a have a hot bath and go to sleep, despite the fact the sun was still up.

ok guys just want to make something clear, ashton won't start liking hazel in the romantic way, they're JUST friends, plus ashton has a girlfriend in this book so yeah

i really don't like this chapter bc it's short and written v badly, but i just wanted to write a chapter where hazel meets ashton and they become friends and whatever

anyway, thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much for all the support on this book idk why u guys like it