BONUS 1 - The Reveal

"Karishma," Jai warned, staring at me from opposite the dining table. I twiddled my thumbs, looking down.

I had called Jai from work, telling him that I had something important to tell him...but I hadn't said a word since he had gotten home. Now I was under his interrogation and scrutinising eyes.

"It's nothing," I said nervously, avoiding his eyes.

I could feel his gaze on me, but I refused to look. It was when I heard his breath of frustration that I quickly looked up, only to see him staring at me with a blank expression.

"If it was nothing, you wouldn't have called me out of work and worried me in the process," he stated, blandly.

I adjusted myself in my seat, feeling awkward. There was a part of me that felt bad for causing Jai to miss work; he was still in his suit but it was all rumpled with his tie loosened and his hair sticking up in random places as if he had been continuously running a hand through it. 

"Um."

I held the small white stick in my hand tighter, my heart beating against my chest like a wild horse ready to jump out.

My throat was parched and I was having a hard time getting the words out.

The only thing worrying me was how Jai would take it and what he would think.

What if he doesn't feel the same?

That thought caused my eyes to widen and I began to chew on my lip more rapidly.

A big part of me was sure that he'd be just as happy as I was...but at the same time, he was unpredictable and the other small part of me was unsure about his reaction.

Letting out a deep sigh and ignoring my sweaty palms, I opened my mouth.

"I'm, uh—"

Jai stared at me, impatiently.

"You're...?"

"—I'm," taking a shaky breath and letting it out, I said, "I'm pregnant."

It was as if I could finally breathe after that. A huge weight felt like it was off my shoulders, but now I was afraid of seeing Jai's reaction.

My whole body froze as I kept my eyes on my hands that were settled in my lap.

I stared at the two lines on the pregnancy stick tester in my hand, fear and excitement creeping up within me as the reality sunk in even further.

I'm going to be a mother.

"What the fuck?"

Jai's loud exclamation caused my head to snap up.

Instead of seeing his eyebrows pulled down and a frown etched onto his face, his eyes were wide with shock, accompanied by a gaping jaw.

"W—"

Before I even had the chance to blink, I was lifted up off the chair and spun around.

Squealing, I wrapped my arms around Jai's neck, burying my face into his shoulder to avoid getting dizzy.

Soon I was put down onto the floor, and I tilted my head back to look up into Jai's sparkling gold eyes that seemed to pierce through me.

His large, warm hands cupped the side of my cheeks encasing them in his gentle hold. He leaned down, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Are you serious?" he asked after he pulled away.

I nodded and he let out a disbelieving laugh.