BONUS 2 - Moving On

"Jai," I laughed nervously, "what are you doing?"

I gripped his hands which were placed over my eyes, gently.

Jai had taken the day off and taken me out for a movie in the morning, confusing me because he rarely liked to watch movies in the morning.

I didn't question it, mainly because he had been telling me he had a surprise in store for me the whole day.

Even though part of me wanted to know, the other part was content with knowing Jai had things under control.

Still, surprises scared me a little because of the chance that it was bad news, but Jai was smiling like a little boy the entire day.

Just the thought of Jai's grin cleared my worries away instantly.

When we had gotten home, he came running to my side and covered my eyes, guiding me towards the house.

Jai chuckled. "Just walk, you'll see."

"I'm—"

"You're?" he whispered, stopping the both of us from walking any further.

"—Kind of scared," I whispered back, my voice trembling.

Jai sighed.

"You worry too much. Trust me, Karishma, I think you'll like this," he said, placing a soft kiss under my ear.

A pleasurable chill ran down my spine, and I smiled, excited.

He moved one hand away but used the other one to cover both. I could hear the clanging of the house keys and I held my breath as he pushed the door open.

It was silent and when he removed my eyes, it was pitch black.

The lights suddenly turned on and I nearly screamed with shock and happiness at all the people before me.

"Congratulations!" they all yelled.

I scanned the 'Congratulations, you're expecting!' banner hanging down from one of our lights and at the party decorations.

There were people from Jai's work, family friends and family that had come. A large smile appeared as I looked at all the people that made time to arrive just for us.

Someone brought Jai's laptop to us where my parents, together with Jai's, waved at us, wishing us a big congratulations through Skype.

They had already known ages ago, but seeing them wearing party hats made me laugh so loud that it really didn't seem to matter. It was just nice seeing them in the spirit and being happy for us.

My Ma was crying, touching her red eyes occasionally.

"I can't believe my daughter is–" she looked away, covering her face.

"Don't cry, Ma," I whispered, tears gathering in my own eyes. I sniffled even as Jai pulled me to his side, tightly.

"I'm taking great care of her aunty," Jai said with a gentle smile. "There's no need to cry, she and the baby are in amazing hands."

Ma smiled through her tears and Geena aunty scoffed, tears in her own eyes.

"I think that's what we're scared of the most, honey!"

We all shared a laugh and chatted a little more before we said goodbye, promising to go see them after the baby was born.

We mingled with the others who shared their congratulations when all of a sudden, Sanaya came barging in through the front door, pushing past Jai and screaming at me.