Bound by Law || 47- I'm Ready

I stopped Jai, my heart thumping against my chest as the words I wanted to say got lodged in my throat.

Do I really want to do this?

The thought of willingly doing something so intimate frightened me and so I slowly loosened my grip on his arm.

"Never mind, it's nothing."

I could feel Jai's sharp gaze on me.

"No, it's something. Tell me," he said, his voice suddenly hoarse.

There was a voice in my mind that was telling me that he knew what I was going to say, and a big part of me wanted to do it with him.

Just say it, for goodness sake!

Gulping, I looked away.

"I, uh, think I'm...ready."

I watched as Jai's feet slowly came closer. My face was lifted up and I was soon staring into his electric amber eyes.

"Mind saying that again?"

"I—I said I'm ready," I stammered.

Jai stared at me intently, his eyes searching my eyes before going over my features.

"You're ready? To—"

"Yes," I cut in, not wanting him to say the actual word due to embarrassment.

How am I going to do this if I don't even want to hear the word?!

There was silence.

I slowly looked up and saw Jai's stern face still intact.

"Are you sure?" he repeated. "I mean, I'd be more than happy to do this because I've been waiting for so long but...I want to make sure you want to do this."

I nodded, a little shy. "I'm sure, but, if it's too soon because of everything that's happened, then we do–"

"No."

He leaned down slowly, his face merely inches from mine, a small smirk on his face. I bit my lip and watched as his smile slipped and his gaze darkened, fastening on my lips before they shot back up to my eyes.

"I've been waiting for this for a long fucking time."

I practically trembled both in fear and in anticipation at what was to come but Jai seemed to be unfazed. His grin was lazy and complacent now that he looked at me, quite seductively.

As he closed the distance and placed his lips on mine, I practically trembled as I closed my eyes and returned the kiss.

This time it was slow and gentle, teasing and caressing and so I allowed myself to enjoy it, taking pleasure in the way he kissed me—as if he was drawing something out of me.

I had never been kissed before by anyone but this was the best I had ever felt in a long time.

Everything became fuzzy, my heartbeat pounding in my ears, both in excitement and fear as he squeezed my hip with his left hand.

Then both his hands slowly left to explore further and I let them wander freely over my body.

As I was too caught up the pure bliss and euphoria of being kissed, I didn't realise I was being driven to a corner until my back hit a wall.

His knee settled in-between my legs, trapping me before pushing his rock-solid body firmly against me.

I let out a meek squeak into his mouth and I could feel him smirk against my lips as he pulled away, allowing me to catch my breath.