Bound by Law || 48- Mine

A/N: FINAL CHAPTER GUYS! (This one is a boring one too, I rushed it in order to wrap things up tbh but there will be an epilogue of some sorts!)

---

We were out at the movies with Jai and his parents. They had a difficult time picking the movie because both Jai and Prem uncle wanted to watch the same movie, whereas Geena aunty and I wanted to watch something else.

The argument had been going on for a little while and we ended up having to stand off to the side, near the big movie posters, to try and discuss it so we could pick fairly.

"Well, we want to watch the new Spider-Man," Jai said like a little boy.

Prem uncle nodded in encouragement, slapping his shoulder with a smile.

I tried to hide my smile at how quickly things had changed and been mended between them.

"It is what they say: great minds think alike."

They both shared a chuckle before Geena aunty chimed in with a clear of her throat.

"Well, we," she pointed to herself and I, "certainly don't want to watch a movie about a spider boy."

Prem uncle stared blankly at his wife, who seemed to be oblivious to his looks, and Jai struggled to hide a grin.

Geena aunty continued, "I say War for the Planet of the Apes. What do you think, sweetie?"

I nodded, folding my arms over my chest obstinately.

"I agree, Geena aunty. I say we watch War for the Planet of the Apes, too."

Both Jai and Prem uncle's gaze swivelled to me and I tried not to waver in my stance.

Jai stepped forward, his eyes flickering with amusement as he studied my face. I tried not to wrench my gaze away, the things we'd done since three days ago burnt into my mind.

His knowing smirk said it all but I tried not to let it get to me and stared back at him, my gaze level with his.

"Since it's a tie, let's settle this the good old-fashioned way," he said. "Rock paper scissors?"

I blinked slowly.

What?

Geena aunty face-palmed softly from beside me.

"You are still so childish."

Jai scoffed lightly and grinned, his eyes darting in his mother's direction.

"We have to settle this somehow, don't we?"

I eventually nodded and Prem uncle clapped his hands together.

"Men versus women it is."

I cracked a smile at that before Jai cleared his throat, grabbing my attention.

"Three rounds," he declared and I nodded once again, intent on winning.

"Rock."

I bit my lip.

"Paper." He smirked at me.

Come on, come on!

"Scissors."

I held out paper and he held out rock; I grinned confidently up at him and he clicked his tongue in disappointment.

"Pure luck," he said, his voice serious but his eyes twinkling with pure joy.

Three rounds later, I had won and both Geena aunty and I celebrated by hugging each other tightly and boisterously laughing at Prem uncle's and Jai's expressions.