Chapter Two

She lay there, stiff as a bored, afraid he'd do something to her. She could hear his deep and even breathing, alerting her he was in deep sleep, and she tried to relax.
But, that trick had been played on her many times in the past and she wasn't about to fall for it again.
Without realising, she had started shaking uncontrollably.
She feared she might wake Syaoran, which she feared would only irritate him, but no matter how hard she tried to control it her fear only held on tighter.
A warm hand touched her shoulder before sliding over her waist. Her nails dug into the palms of her hands as she clenched her fists.
Then, she felt the familiar tingle of magic against her skin. Her muscles started to relax, and her pulse steadied.
She found the strength to relax her hands, and suddenly felt very tired.
She didn't know when she had fallen asleep, but she didn't wake for a very long time.

She woke in the morning feeling well rested, and she hadn't felt that way in a long time.
As she slowly became more alert, she felt a gentle hand against her face.
She opened her eyes and spotted Syaoran sitting on the edge of the bed beside her, reading the book he had been reading the night before.
He looked up and retracted his hand as he saw she was awake. "There's fruit for you to eat on the table. I'll let Tomoyo know you're awake; she'll lead you to the medical tent."
"Thank you..."
He stood, "There's a pair of sandals for you with your clothes. Don't walk around camp bare foot, please."
"Yes, sir."
He sighed but didn't correct her and left.

She sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, standing and moving to grab her clothes. It was a cold morning and she shivered a little, but thanks to the fur wrap she'd been given, it was bearable.
"May I come in?" Tomoyo called out.
"Oh-um, Yes." Sakura answered.
Tomoyo stepped in as Sakura put on her sandals. They had a slight heel, but she didn't mind.
"How do they fit?" Tomoyo asked.
"They fit fine. Are these yours?" Sakura replied.
"No. I'm a seamstress as well, so I make clothes and make sure Syaoran has what he needs, including shoes." Tomoyo answered. "And seeing as you're soon to be married, naturally I would also do the same for you."
"Oh, I see." Sakura murmured.
"Have you eaten yet?" she then asked Sakura.
Sakura shook her head.
"I'll come back in ten minutes then." Tomoyo smiled.
"Thank you..." Sakura murmured yet again.

Tomoyo bowed and then left the tent. Sakura sighed softly and then sat down at the table. A bowl of sliced fruits had been organised for her and she bit her lip-had it been contaminated in any way?
She remembered her food being drugged quite often during her time locked up. She felt physically ill just thinking about it.
She was startled from her thoughts when someone stepped in.
"You haven't eaten."
She looked up as Syaoran walked over to the table to get something. She swallowed hard.
"If you're worried about it being poisoned or drugged, you don't have to worry. We don't sink that low." He said, picking up a grape and eating it.
Then, he left the tent once again.
She stared at the fruit. As much as he had said he would be honest with her, she didn't trust him at all.

Tomoyo arrived when she said she would and Sakura was waiting patiently. The fellow medic led Sakura to the medical tent and before setting herself to work, left her in Eriol's care.
"Good morning," he greeted with a smile.
Someone poked their head around a curtain and then stepped out. She was pretty, with long jet-black hair tied up into a bun on either side of her head, and crimson coloured eyes. Her skin was pale, her cheeks a soft rose colour and her face a soft oval shape.
"Sakura, this is Meiling, one of the medics on our team. The others are out gathering medicinal needs, so they won't be back until this afternoon." Eriol explained.
The woman named Meiling stared at Sakura blankly.
"Um...it's nice to meet you..." Sakura smiled awkwardly.
Meiling reached out for her and Sakura closed her eyes tightly, fear pulsing through her blood.
"You don't need to worry. She was just pinning the fur together, so it wouldn't keep falling off your shoulders while you worked." Eriol explained kindly.
Sakura opened her eyes and sure enough when she looked down, there was a pin holding the two ends together. She blinked with surprise.
"Oh-thank you..."
Meiling nodded and moved to finish her job.
"So, how much do you know? Syaoran said you didn't have much knowledge due to being imprisoned." Eriol said.
Sakura lowered her eyes. "I learned how to bandage sprains and wounds. That's all."
"I see. Well, we don't usually let our medical students tend to wounds until they have their medicinal plantation memorised." He turned and walked over to a desk. He pulled out several books and a large pile of parchment, setting it on the desk. "Start reading through these and making notes on the different plants. Copy the pictures precisely."
Sakura walked over and took a seat, doing as told.
She felt dread as she looked over the large pile and then sighed, picking up one book and opening it.