Swim

❤️💜12KKKKKKKKKKKKK💜❤️

---Geno's POV----

As soon as I hit the water my tail formed, sending a ripple of satisfaction up my spine.

I swam forwards in the dark murky water as quick as possible, not wanting to feel sudden quilt and turn back, and definitely not wanting to be caught by the Kraken.

I glanced behind me quickly to see something I hoped I'd never see.

Around the base of the jutting rock island was a mass of what looked like dying flesh. Coming out of it, tentacles, loads of them.

Massive, thick tentacles that can crush someone alive and snap a ship in half. Suckers so strong that once they launch onto something, they are not coming off.

This was the Kraken. A practically indestructible sea creature born from the depths of hell itself.

If there's any legend you should be worried about coming true, it's the Kraken.

I had honestly hoped on killing Reaper before he had opened the chest, but I hesitated. For some reason, there was hesitation.

In that split second that I took the sword from his sheath, something in my mind made me try to rethink. Try to stop what I was doing.

But I did it. I knew what my goal was, and now I've completed it. The only reason I stole that chest and the key from Nightmare and Cross is so that I could take them back to their rightful place and ensure that no one would ever find them again.

I hoped that by killing Reaper before he opened the chest, I'd be able to destroy or get rid of the key and then hide the chest.

But now it's too late. Once the chest is open, only the key holder can close the chest again and rid the sea of all its monsters and legends.

And in this case, the key holder is Cross. Who's all the way back on that ship.

So if I want this chest problem solved, then I'll need to get back there quickly.

I growled to myself as I swam through the entrance to Sirens Cove, covering my non-existent ears with my hands to block out the soft sound of melodic singing.

I really can't get distracted here. Now that the chest is open this place will be swarming with sirens.

Sirens that wreck ships and drown men. Sirens, one of the prettiest legends of the ocean, but also or of the most deadly.

Sirens. The biggest rivals to mermaids.

Sirens and mermaids have been at each other's throats for years, always fighting and always disagreeing over something.

Five years ago they attacked our kingdom and killed the queen and her son. After that, the king was so furious that he rounded them all up. Each and every siren was dragged to the ring of circles where he then trapped them in, cursing the circle so that they'd never come back unless the chest was opened.

And now here we are.

If I get spotted my even one siren...I'll be swarmed.

It'll be a bloodbath.

I swam faster, flinching and jolting whenever a simple noise came close, or if a shadow came past or flashed by.

I was so tense that my bones were starting to ache, which could cause a huge problem if I want to swim all the way back to Nightmare and Cross.

But then again, they should be closer. Surely by now they would have got all, or most of, their crew out of the water and should now be sailing in my direction.