Im not Stopping

❤️💜8K BOIIIIIIIIIII💜❤️

---Nightmare's POV----

"No." I growled. "For the seven billionth time. No."

Reaper sighed, his eyes looking me up and down boredly. I'm surprised that he's still persisting.

"Come on Nightmare. All these offers and the answers still the same? Weren't you ever taught to seize a good opportunity if you're offered it?"

I stared straight at him, my expression not changing. "Weren't you ever taught to take no as an answer?"

Reaper's eyes narrowed and he let out a soft hiss. "I don't understand you Nightmare. I'm practically offering you everything. And what do you do? Reject it for some pathetic land-living skeleton that probably couldn't fight to save his life. What's gotten into you?!"

"You wouldn't understand Reaper. All you care about is money and treasure."

"That's exactly what I'm going on about! There used to be times when we would go around together, killing people mercilessly, raiding villages, stealing treasure! But ever since we went our separate ways, you've changed...become more, soft."

I growled. "Nothing's changed about me Reaper. You're just too blind to see."

He smirked, stepping closer. "That's where you're wrong Nightmare. I know just what that curse did to you. It sucked all the happiness out of you, all the positivity, all the optimism in your soul. You became emotionless."

I growled, taking a step back. "You don't know shit about what that did to me."

"Oh yes I do Nightmare. We both read the warnings carved into that cave wall. It was you and I, Captain Reaper and his little cabin boy. A young white boned skeleton that ran off to sea so that he could escape his family, escape his home.

No one else had been brave enough to go in for that treasure. They were all far too scared of the legend. The legend of the curse protecting the chest. But you and I weren't. The two of us alone went into that old temple.

We read over those bloodstained warnings on the wall. The treasure is cursed. It warned. Touching it will result in your true potential breaking free. Your soul will corrupt, any positive thoughts or emotions will be ripped from you, only leaving negativity. Your body will mutate, turn you into a monster. We both saw that prophecy Nightmare."

I hissed, taking a step back. "Stop talking."

Reaper shook his head, taking a step closer. "You rushed ahead, just like always. You rushed right up to that treasure, laughing off the warnings completely.

I remember watching as you grabbed that chest without a second thought, only to be thrown back, an invisible force slamming you into one of the old ancient pillars.

I remember watching in horror as dark shadows shot out from the floor, consuming you. I remember your screams of fear and agony as they ripped you to pieces. Not physically, but mentally. They tore all the happiness from you, ripped the good intentions from your mind, and devoured any positivity in your soul."

"I said shut up!" I yelled, shaking my head rapidly.

"I'm not stopping until I've said everything I want to say Nightmare." He growled before continuing. "I had rushed to help you. Remember? Once all the the shadows had gone and it seemed safe I ran to your side, only to get thrown away. You screamed at me to stay back, to run, to abandon you. But I stayed. I stayed and watched as you started throwing up black slime. I stayed as the black goop consumed your body. I stayed as you screamed in agony, your ribs snapping as those four monstrous tentacles ripped out of your back. I watched you get made."