~No Breaks~

*Play Song*

🎶Deep in the meadow, under the willow.🎶

🎶A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.🎶

🎶Lay down your head, and close your eyes.🎶

🎶And when they open, the sun will rise.🎶

Aphmau sings in a whisper, cradling her sleeping son in the dark. Al yawning with a squeaky finish.

🎶Here it's safe, and here it's warm.🎶

🎶Here the daisies guard you from every harm.🎶

🎶Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.🎶

🎶Here is the place where I love you.🎶

"You always had the most beautiful voice."

Aphmau slowly turns to Aaron, her eyes adjusted well enough to the dark to see her husband's muscular outline.

Aaron sits up. "You must be tired. Please, Aph, sleep."

"I'll sleep when I die." Aphmau mutters morbidly, her eyes returning to her newborn's sleeping state, her smile still in play.

"Aph..."

"How does it feel? How does it affect you...knowing any day now..." She gulps. "I'll just be gone."

Aaron dismounts the bed, embracing his wife and son in his arms. "It's like everything's on fire. I can't stop it nor can I stop its progression. The fire grows each day, suffocating me..." Aaron places a kiss on her forehead, brushing his son's forehead. "...knowing it will kill me—the wait almost just as worst."

"Should I not have told you?"

"It's always better to know. No matter...how much it may hurt me."

Aphmau holds Al tighter to her chest, as does Aaron.

"Sleep, Aph. Tomorrow is just another day."

Or my last. She thought.

*

Aaron eventually got the girl to sleep, or rather, the minute her head hit the pillow, she was out. Nothing seemed like it could wake her.

And oddly, Aaron was glad for that.

Luckily enough for the new parents, Al didn't cry much. Only alerting his parents a few times through the night when there was something wrong.

In this case, something was very wrong.

Aaron awakes once more to the sound of the newborn's screams, his eyes opening to a terrifying sight.

"Shhhh, shhhhh little boy. Daddy's awake now."

Aaron resists the urge to catapult himself at the figure, his nostrils flaring.

"You..."

"Me."

"I thought I killed you."

The figure laughs, stepping closer into a light created by his flashlight, a nasty grin plastered on his face.

"You mistaken death with consciousness Ultima. Brute force can sometimes never amount to the power of the pull of a singular trigger." The Raider from before whispers, the baby cooing in his arms.

"Who are you? And what do you want with my family..." Aaron growls, Aphmau fast asleep at his side.

"Oh, it's not them I want—not your human wife or this corrupt creature you call your son."

He thinks Aphmau is still a human...and he thinks the baby isn't purebred! Aaron thought, trying to figure out how to go about the situation.

"And as for who I am—Ein Ryan. Leader of the Raiders. I have always had one clear mission." Ein gaze bores into Aaron's . "To end the Ultima bloodline."

Have a nice day my crystals!