Chapter 7

"Live without pretending, love without depending, listen without defending. Speak without offending"- unknown

Alia

The nurse left behind the double doors leaving Noah and I in the room where he'd get stitches for his brow bone. The cut was deep and until all the blood from it was not properly cleaned nothing could be done.

He sighed leaning back onto the bed he was told to sit on and closed his eyes, his arms folded behind his head. The slight frown that was set on his face relaxed a little, his jaw still set with concern.
After almost begging him to get himself checked at the hospital he finally agreed only after making me promise that i wouldn't tell Ali.

Noah hated the idea of looking weak and especially if he was in hospital because of Ali, he knew he'd never hear the end of it.

I sighed trying to sit comfortably in the hard plastic chairs provided but got nowhere. The double doors opened once again and only turning to see the same boy Zack and I had seen in the dessert bar standing across us.

His brown dusted hair was messed clearly done by him constantly raking his fingers through it and the white v-neck shirt he wore was creased. A black leather jacket was thrown across His shoulders effortlessly and his black jeans were held up with an Armani belt.

Noah lifted his head up looking the boy up and down. "Are you going to give me the stitches?" He asked, his tone slightly more harsh than it should've been. The boy shuck his head dismissively, his brows raising the slightest.

The doors opened once again the same nurse entering as the boys face fell into a smile again. The nurse mirrored his expression but said nothing as she pushed a small trolley towards the bed where Noah lay.

Giving us some privacy, the boy turned around sitting on a bed across and looking down at his shoes.
Noah winced whilst the nurse closed the cut above his eye, his breath becoming deeper obviously trying to hide the pain. "Get some rest and take some general antibiotics if you feel pain. If it does worsen then come back and we'll get things sorted." She beamed down at him as he nodded his head obediently, his eyes wide.

"How are you getting home?" She asked glancing between the both of us. I shrugged while Noah took out his phone, "we'll get our driver to drop us." He smiled as she packed the things away and handed him a piece of paper with another appointment dat listed on it. "Brilliant. I wouldn't recommend taking a bus and definitely dont try driving yourself." She added, her voice serious and eyes holding concern.

*

Noah left as soon as the nurse did saying he needed to sort something out. He hadn't recently been assigned anything but i left him without question knowing he'd get pissed if i did ask anything.

The waiting room was almost empty at this point and whilst i sat waiting for Noah, the slightest feeling of something fishy still remained.
A slow mumble of chatter was mixed with the music blaring on the radio and besides me sat Charlie.

He sat with his head down and hands clasped, bobbing his leg up and down impatiently. Sighing heavily he got up looking at me with an indescribable expression, "I'll drop you if you want..." he shrugged taking the keys out of his pocket.

The driver was stuck in traffic because of the typical English weather and the rowdy football supporters creating a commotion on the road.

Charlie had later joined me in the reception area where i waited for Noah. He made no conversation but stayed sitting there. "Your brother won't come until late." He said, as if he knew Noah personally.

I got up and followed him out of the hospital his long strides equal to two of my shorter ones. Out of courtesy i took for the back seat until he shook his head and opened the front passenger door himself, scrambling in he took for the drivers seat and started the car just as the back door opened again.

Both Charlie and I turned to see Noah slightly out of breath sitting in and resting against the seats.
His eyes were red which i hoped was from the cold and his posture was slightly out of shape. "Just saw you guys getting in..." he rather panted, "thought I'd catch up before you left."  Charlie nodded steering out of the two cars he trapped between and began driving down the road whilst tapping at the navigator.

"Where do you want dropping?" He asked, glancing at me first then through the rear view mirror at Noah. "Clayton apartments, East Street." Noah spoke his voice now croaky as he cleared his throat and adjusted in his seat.

Charlie stopped at the traffic lights his eyes wide, "you live in those apartments?" Looking back at him wearily. "Yeah and...?" He shook his head dismissing the question.

"You guys aren't involved in-you know...like..." he looked away once again and i heard Noah coming forward in his seat. "Involved in what?" He further questioned, his eyes squinted at Charlie.

Charlie licked his lips, his face becoming slightly more scarlet, "involved in drugs and gangs?" I turned to Noah as soon as the words left his mouth, his face turned from serious to amused in a heartbeat, laughter escaping his throat as he tried keeping his posture straight.
He slapped his knee as he choked back on the tears that were streaming down his face because if the situation he some how found hilarious.

"Drugs and... drugs and-" Noah held his side still laughing but now bending over and silently  laughing as his shoulders shook. "Oh god." He said taking a deep breath and momentarily closing his eyes.

"What makes you think we do drugs?" He asked, the humour clear in his voice.
The bruise on his jaw and slit under his eyebrow made him look more dangerous than usual, his grin spread from one side of his face to the other and it was hard to admit but I'd never seen him as happy as this in a while.

"The area is high end and you have a driver. And the apartments are so big." He took a turn into a familiar road and carried on, "I'm a student and when i was looking for a place to stay for university, i thought of Clayton apartments but the prices them self made me dizzy and rethink my decisions on even going to uni." Taking another turn he continued down the road while Noah started his laughing fit again.

He swiped the tears that fell on his cheek because of the laughter and leaned forwards again, resting his hands on the two front seats. "Al we need to keep him." He gestured towards Charlie as if he couldn't hear us.

I watched as this time Charlie decided to imitate Noah by smacking his hand on his knee and wiping away fake tears, then suddenly going serious, "you cant keep me." He pointed out matter-of-factly with eyebrows raised and face showing an unpitying smirk. "But you guys do owe me for this lift." He took a glance at me, his gaze burning the side of my face.

Turning back to Noah and noticing that he'd stopped laughing and knowing he was thinking the exact same as i was. "Noah dont you think..." i felt the smile rise upon my own face as Noah nodded vigorously agreeing to my
unfinished sentence.

                        ******************

A/N

Comment, vote, share xxx