Part 14

Loki was sitting on his and Tony's bed twirling the simple gold ring between his fingers. He couldn't help but to think about if Tony actually wanted to marry him all those years ago or if he just felt pressured to say yes because he was dying in his arms.

His thoughts got pushed away by Tony talking through JARVIS. "Loki could you come and get Morgan?" He asked "Cannot you take care of him?" Loki said "yeah but I¨'m trying to work and he wont stop trying to touch all my things" Tony said " You let him into your lab?!" Loki said worried.

"What else was i supposed to do?" Tony said "Ask me to watch him!" Loki said "I'm coming" He added "Thanks" Tony said and got of the line.

Loki left the room, he walked past Bruce on his way to the elevator. "Hello Bruce" Loki said as he walked past "Hello Loki" Bruce said. Loki got into the elevator and pressed the lab button. Loki had been living at the avengers tower for one and a half years.

He was on relatively good terms with the avengers, but there was still some tension when he was alone with one of them. Loki was used to it so he didn't really mind. Thor had come to visit once and was very surprised to see his brother alive and in the same house as the avengers.

The elevator stopped an Loki stepped out of the elevator. He walked down the corridor to the door to the lab. The door opened an Loki found Tony with Morgan attached to his leg "Help" Tony said

When Morgan saw Loki he gurgled happily and waddled over "Papa!" he said happily. Loki smiled and crouched down and lifted Morgan up. Morgan put his arms around Loki's neck and tugged at his hair.

"Thanks" Tony said warmly and walked over and kissed Loki on the cheek "Are you free some time this week?" Loki asked "Why?" Tony asked "I was wondering if we could go out for dinner" Loki said "Sign me up" Tony said "This Friday?" Loki suggested "It's a date" Tony said.

Loki leaned down and kissed Tony. "I'll book a table" Tony said "Thank you" Loki said "I Still don't understand all these Midgardian things" Loki said "Well first thing don't call them Midgardian" Tony said. Loki shook his head and left "Bye honey" Tony said "Bye Love" Loki said.

 Loki stepped out of the elevator and headed into the lounge, Bruce,Natasha,Steve and Clint were all sitting there talking. They stopped talking once he entered the room, Loki sighed softly to himself.

"Could you watch Morgan for a bit I  need to make a phone call" Loki said "Of course" Steve said. Loki put Morgan down by Steve "Be right back" He said softly and let go of Morgan  who seemed sad but Nat was quick to cheer him up.

Loki went into the other room and called Jenny "Loki! Hi" She answered "Hello Jen, Could you watch Morgan this Friday?" Loki asked "Of course.  You going on a date?" She asked cheekily "Indeed and I'm planning to propose"  Loki said

"What?! Really? Good luck!" Jenny said "Thank you" Loki said "I get to be the maid of honor" Jenny said "If he says yes" Loki said "If? if?!" Jenny said "Boi this man is head over heels for you he'll say yes! He did the first time didn't he!" she continued

"Because I was dying in his arms" Loki said "He kept the ring right?" Jenny said "Yeah" Loki said "Exactly" Jenny said "I don't want to hear any more nonsense he'll say yes! She added "Alright, Goodbye" Loki said "Bye" Jenny said and hung up.

Friday rolls around and Jenny had picked Morgan up and Loki was getting ready. He looked through the drawers in Tony's bedside table until he found the ring. He put it the the small velvet box with the other ring. 

He put the box in the inner pocket of his suit jacket and walked over to the mirror. He was wearing a black suit with a black button-up under it with a black tie. Tony entered the room wearing a navy blue pinstriped suit with a white button-up up and a tie.

"Why are you always dressed up like you are going to a funeral" Tony said "Because I'm dead inside" Loki said and Tony laughed softly "Right" Tony said "You ready to go?" He added "Yeah, Let's go" Loki said.

The two went to a fancy restaurant and got their food, once they got to desert loki was starting to get nervous. Tony picked up on it "You okay?" Tony asked. "Yes" Loki said and wiped his hand sweat on his pants.

He reached into his pocket and grabbed the small velvet box. He took a deep breath and stood up. He walked over to Tony's side of the table and got down on one knee

"Tony, I love you and I hope you know that." He said and opened the box  "Second time's the charm" He said and took a deep breath "Will you marry me?" Loki asked and for the first time in his speech looked up to find Tony crying.

Loki got really nervous for a second until he heard a soft "Yes" escape his mouth. Tony wiped his tears "Yes" He said more clearly  "Of course" he said. Then clapping and cheering could be heard around the restaurant, Loki had practically forgotten there was anyone else in the world other than Tony.

With shaky hands Loki put the ring on Tony's finger and then Tony put the other on Loki's finger. Loki and Tony both stood up and kissed happily. They hugged eachother tightly neither really wanting to let go.

A/N

Aaah! 1.4k reads! That's insane thank you!