Part 3

Third person POV

As the morning came around and Tom was up early making breakfast, he was soon joined by Pepper and eventually Tony. "Thanks for the rose Tom" Tony said waving the card in his hand "Yeah I figured you needed something to liven up that place, or maybe it's you that I need to liven up" Tom said jokingly at Tony's morning grumpiness, Tony rolled his eyes and sat down for breakfast. "I've already eaten, so I'm going for a run, see you in a bit" Tom said and kissed Tony's head before leaving

While Tony was eating, Pepper was looking through his mail. It was all business until one magazine with the head line 'Tony Stark's boyfriend is cheating?' Pepper assumed it was just lies but she was pretty bored so she decided to check what lies they were spreading. When she got to the page there was a series pictures of Tom hugging a beautiful woman with blonde hair, Pepper quickly read the article. 'Late last night Tom Hiddleston, Tony Stark's confirmed boyfriend was spotted talking with a beautiful young woman in a patch of flowers. The mysterious woman was spotted with her arm around Tom and the two were talking and laughing until late into the night. Then when they were to say goodbye the two shared an intimate hug. Does Tony Stark know about the two secret lovers or will this be an unpleasant surprise in the morning? Maybe this was all a ruse to keep people of the scent of Tony's real relationship? Maybe a relationship with his assistant Pepper Potts who he spends a lot of time with or someone else entirely?'

Pepper looked up from the magazine "Hey Tony I think you might want to have a look at this" She said and handed him the magazine. Tony seemed to go through denial, sadness and anger in the span of the minute it took for him to read it. He angrily looked up from the magazine "That asshole" he mumbled angrily. The front door then opened. "I'll leave you two" Pepper said and left quickly.

Tom came into the room sweaty from the run "Hey, enjoy the breakfast?" Tom asked "Yeah" Tony said bluntly "We need to talk." he added "Alright, could I take a shower first though?" Tom asked "No,we need to talk. Right now." Tony said "Is something wrong Love?" Tom asked concerned "Is something wrong?! You tell me!" he said and shoved the magazine into his face with the page opened onto the article. Tom smiled "Tony this is just.." He started but he was cut of "Just what? A one night stand? It didn't matter? Is that what you think about me!?" Tony almost shouted "Tony.." Tom began but he was cut of "No you don't get to speak!" Tony said angrily "Tony tha.." Tom tried "I let you into my house! I let you eat my food!" Tony shouted "Tony I.." Tom began again "I open myself up to someone for once in my life and this is what you do!" Tony said his eyes glossy "Tony" Tom said firmly "What does she have that I don't!" Tony said "Tony" Tom said louder and more desperately "What could she possible have that I don't!" Tony said his voice breaking from anger to sadness  "Anthony!" Tom shouted.

Tony flinched and went quiet "Tony, Love. That is my aunt." Tom said and cupped Tony's face "What?" Tony said "That is my aunt. She lives pretty far away from here, she didn't know I lived around here, she was going to call me this morning to visit me it was just a random chance of luck that she was staying in a hotel nearby. It's from her I get my running habit, so we go for runs at the same time" Tom said softly. Most of it was lies but Loki  figured Tony wouldn't believe him if he said his aunt appeared out of thin air and that she lives on a different planet.

"I would never cheat on you, you're the best thing that ever happened to me and I don't want to lose you" Tom continued tears falling softly, Tony said nothing and just let his head fall against Tom's shoulder. Tom kissed Tony's forehead and wrapped his arms around him "I love you" Tom whispered. Tony looked up in surprise, Tom just smiled warmly. "Love you too" Tony mumbled and rested his head against Tom's shoulder again. The two just stood there hugging for a minute, both holding on like if they let go they'd lose the other forever.

Eventually they did let go, but not because they wanted too but because Pepper came back into the room "Oh sorry, it was so quiet I thought you had left" Pepper said apologetically "No it's fine" Tom said. Tony let go and stood up properly. "I should get to work" he said "Okay but don't over work yourself, I want to show you something tonight" Tom said "Alright" Tony said and left

"Who was the girl?" Pepper asked "My aunt" Tom said "Why was she here? I feel like I would remember her if she lived around here" She asked "Oh she was staying at a hotel nearby, she was here to visit me" Tom said "She knows you live here?" Pepper asked Tom shook his head "Nope, that was why we were in the location we were and not at some cafe catching up" Tom said "You're lying about something. It doesn't add up" Pepper then said "I don't know what game your playing or why it involves Tony but now's you time to come clean" She continued

Tom sighed "I'm not playing any game" Tom said "No don't lie" Pepper said "Okay alright, I'll tell you the truth. I'm in love with Tony." Tom said "Yeah alright then why are you lying?" Pepper continued "Because the truth would push him away, it would hurt him and I don't want to lose him" Tom said "Then if you can't tell him tell me" Pepper said "Alright" Tom said

"My real name is Loki Odinson, My mother is Frigga my father is Odin my brother is Thor. I live in another realm called Asgard, where I'm a prince. I'm a shapeshifter demigod, I got put here on Midgard as a punishment for a joke that went too far. That women from last night is my aunt Freya, she is one of the only Asgardians allowed free passage to Midgard because of her experience on earth. She came here to ask how I was and to talk about my mortal lover" Loki said, Pepper pulled a confused expression "That's just Norse mythology, why won't you stop lying!" Pepper said frustrated

Loki rolled his eyes and dropped the disguise, Pepper blinked and reached out to touch him to see if he was there and when the image of him flickered away she got even more confused than Loki tapped her on the shoulder and she whirled around slapping Loki as a reflect. Loki chuckled "Nice swing" Loki said and rubbed the spot where the slap hit. "How did you do that?" She said in a panicked tone "Magic" Loki said ironically doing jazz hands. He switched back to his disguise and walked away. Leaving Pepper confused where she stood.